Just Menthol with Sweetner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
I want to make a juice that is just menthol but I want to add some kind of sweetner or EM

Most menthol flavors are very strong and have the medicine taste or they kill your throat
I want to make a menthol that has sweetner or em so I can still taste the menthol but it will not be a killer.

So what I am asking is
What is the best tasting Menthol flavor / which brand? (I do not want spearmint, peppermint etc)
Just menthol flavoring.

And what % would I mix the menthol and what% would i mix the EM or sweetner or both? I heard about menthol crystals but I have not tried them. my EM is a liquid

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Using straight Creme de Menthe from TFA just might be what you are looking for. I mix mine half and half with TFA Whipped Cream personally and add no other sweeteners. I had been adding sweetener, Menthol (from Crystals) and Coolada but I don't any more.

My current mix is 7.5% Creme de Menthe and 7.5% Whipped Cream.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Sorta. I use % instead of drops. but I could try just using 3 drops per 30ml
I worry a little bit that it is too little amount.
OK, percentage wise, .1% to .25% for menthal. I also suggest the Tfa creme de menthe. Little can go a long way with some flavors. It is easier to add flavor than to take out ;)

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I make my buddy a menthol
.5% menthol
.25 koolada
2% Hangsen vanilla
1% inawera burley

Menthol fades a bit so if it is a little too strong give it a day or two. If it is a lot too strong after waiting a day dilute the final mix with unflavored base. The koolada gives additional cooling effect but no menthol harshness at that percentage. The tobacco flavor is optional but a nice touch. Dead on menthol cigarette after a month steep. Hardly noticeable fresh.

TLDR: add some vanilla and a touch of koolada. Keep menthol percentage low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread