Just need a quick recommendation on a cheap and easy drip tip set

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidianJones

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 4, 2013
www.AlchemystVapes.com
So I have an ego battery and some sort of clear 1.6ml tank. I really like it but I'm hearing about drip vaping and it sounds pretty great. Plus I need a way to try out lots of flavors more quickly than the cumbersome tank.

What I need is (links are best) recommendations for the "tank" and mouthpiece that will allow me to drip vape. I've searched all around MtBaker and am entirely confused by all the options.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Atomizers - Cisco Spec Bridgeless Atomizers - Avid Vaper

A standard drip tip is fine with these. Some people prefer to have actual drip tips, but I prefer to take my tip off and wick the coil thoroughly. Plus, if I'm using a standard drip atomizer, I'm using so many flavors, so I have to give a good blow to get those other flavors out before moving on..

RDA's a good too, not for trying new flavors but dripping in general, but I'd recommend getting some more experience under your belt. A little ohm's law is kind of necessary when you move on to RBA's. Plus, battery safety starts to be even more important.

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
I just ordered one from Fasttech for like 3 bucks. It'll take an eternity to get here, but it totally satisfies my need to be a cheap ........

It's an SM30 RDA dripping atomizer. Amazingly simple, essentially it's a chamber with a mouthpiece that drops over a rebuildable head. I got it for taste testing DIY flavors, I plan to remove the wick and position the coil closer to the floor so I can change flavors without the wick carrying the previous one. Just drip, sample, rinse - drip, sample, rinse. Seems easy enough.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Really, avid vapor has tons more, but those are the cheaper priced ones. I'd recommend going higher with your resistance that you're already accustomed to using.

HR510 (Cisco Spec) 3.0ohm Bridgeless Atomizer - Avid Vaper

EDIT*- Spend the extra money on avid vapor or similar atomizers. Upper end Chinese things can be nice, but you get what you pay for with lower priced products. You're basing your decisions on liquid around these things, pretty much. I wouldn't use anything but the best for reference.

Last edited:

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
You should check out fasttech.com since they have some really good RDA's for cheap.
If you want a regular size RDA, I recommend: $5.10 V5 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer - 1.0 and $7.67 IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer - double heating wires / 1.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
If you want a mini (and these things are SMALL, but they look nice on an ego battery): $4.77 RDA Mini Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (1.0mL) - 2.4

Both sizes come with drip tips on them (so that's a plus), and they will allow for testing of many flavors quickly if you use either a microcoil with cotton, or any coil with silica or XC-116.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Edit: I see you all ready checked out Fasttech..... sorry.

Last edited:

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
What you want is a 510 bridgeless stingray atomizer.Its called that since the coil resembles the mouth of a stingray.They run about $10 online.If you want to spend more the Cisco HH.357 is one of the best.Vapage sells a universal hybrid atomizer in the vmod section which are suppose to be pretty good,but get the universal,not the bottom feed,they sell 2 for about $14.Here is a link,this is out of stock,but should give you an idea of what to look for.510 Stingray Bridgeless Dripping Atomizer

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
I'm still fairly new at this, but thanks to the fine folks here on ECF and spending waaaaay too much time reading threads here and watching review videos on YouTube, feel like I've been able to start to get up to speed on some of the stuff. That being said...

My first dripper was just a 510 atomizer, fairly cheap, under $5 at a local B&M (this one). Excellent for testing juice when that big vapemail package full of juice shows up. :2cool: While not the most sophisticated device, it lets you try different stuff, and more importantly lets you know if you even like dripping. It can be time consuming and sometimes a little messy, especially as you're figuring it all out. If you do like it, do some research on RBAs. It's really easy to not get your first few coils quite right with them, so IMHO it's important to have something to check their resistance with.

If you're into the hobby aspect of vaping, dripping is really the way to go. You can get pretty much as involved and technical as you want. I still use tanks of one sort or the other during the day, but when doing the evening unwind after work, I find dripping and futzing around with RBAs very relaxing.

Four months ago I didn't know anything other than a cig-a-like existed, and just last night I was rockin' a mech. mod with dual coils, vaping DIY juice sub-ohm with cotton wicks. Yeah, back in June I would have had no freakin' clue what that meant, LOL! :p

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
Hey is it just me or do these dang things leak out the bottom quite a bit?

It's both, they leak and it's you. Use fewer drops, just enough to saturate the wick and wet the floor under it, no more.

That's the tradeoff with an RDA, you sacrifice the convenience of an ample juice supply for a superior vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread