Just started vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrtbrkr1965

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Indiana
HI and welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new to this but in my opinion what they say a cartridge is = to is way on the high side!
I wouldn't worry to much about that as long as it keeps you off the cigarettes but if you are using that many cartridges a day I would definately be buying some e juice and refilling them as I went to save a lot of $$$'s ! Theres a lot of information here and on you tube on how to refill cartridges! Don't know what mg your nicotine is so you may be going through alot because it is to low! Theres a lot of great folks here with way more experience on this than me and people are very helpfull here so i'm sure some of the vets will have some good advice for you! Good Luck in you new Hobby!:vapor:

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
Welcome to ECF - a great community for support and information. Believe me when I say that one prefilled cartridge is not equal to a pack of cigarettes - that is just a selling gimmick with no basis in fact. Use as many carts a day as you require to overcome your nicotine addiction. Do you happen to know the nicotine level of the carts you are using? I was a heavy smoker for 55 years and I started at 36mg of nicotine (pretty high) and have now worked my way down to 18mg. Good luck to you on your vaping journey.

Last edited:

markah1

Moved On
Oct 2, 2010
Chico, CA
I've been doing this for a few months and I have learned so much from this forum.

First of all, don't buy any juice from those mall kiosks. Check the suppliers and get yourself some more juice!

One cartridge is definitely NOT a pack a day. Like the person above me said, it's a sales ploy.I don't use cartridges anymore but I used to have to refill my cartridges 5-6 times a day. Once you have a replacement bottle of juice, you can just add a few drops (amount depends on the filler material) and vape away.

Check the forum suppliers. If you need help with that, pm me and I'll direct you to some places.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Welcome, hubs! You'll quickly discover that a lot of these "e-cig" companies make claims that can't be justified so they can sell their product. Most of them are way overcharging for accessories and replacements products like batteries and cartomizers.

I'm glad that you've been able to stay off the analogs for two weeks! That is an accomplishment!

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
been at it for 2 weeks and haven't touched a cigarette in all that time. Smoked 2 packs a day for past 47 years. I am using the Nuvocig product and it is amazing, don't even have the craving. I'm just concerned that I am using 3 prefilled cartridges a day and they said that 1 was equal to pack of cigs.

Hi!

I have the Nuvocig and can give you some info on it. It appears to be an altered RN4081, and I can tell you from experience you will go through about 2-3 carts a day if your vaping it alot. Yes, the carts can be refilled, so don't toss 'em.

Aquavapor has 4081 prefilled carts in regular and menthol and they are pretty good, I am using them, and they fit just fine on the Nuvo. However, reguarl 4081 atty's wont fit on the nuvo battery and that's where they get you. When the Nuvo batteries wear out, then get regular 4081 batteries and atties from other companies (like aquavapor) and they will fit in the case for the Nuvo.

Youtube has great resources for refilling 4081 cartridges, so just use those numbers and "e-cig" and you'll get loads of video tutorials to help you! I've found, though I can't interchange the battery with other makers, it has been very good and reliable, and not terribly expensive.

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
Thank you for info. If I eventually replace Nuvo battery and atties can I recharge with the products I bought from Nuvo. I have usb charger, regular line charger and the charger in the starter kit. If I can refill the carts that I now have from Nuvo then why would I want to go to the regular 4081 setup? I'm guessing the answer is $.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Still not sure about numbers such as 4081, 510 and their meaning. Is their a place or site to go to so that these numbers can be understood.

The numbers are the model numbers and are usually related to the threading used on the connections. Say for instance you have a 510 battery. You can use anything designed with the 510 threads without needing an adapter; atomizers, cartomizers, drip tips, ect. If you have a 901, then you can use anything designed for the 901 threads.

Sometimes you can switch thread types by using an adapter that screws on to the battery.

Last edited:

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
if you are able to be satisfied and analog-free with "prefilled" cartridges, oh boy, you are sure in for a surprise when you find out how good vaping can be when you fill your own cartridges with the ejuices that are available from many suppliers. not familiar with the ecig you bought, all i know is that the eGo is awesome for heavy use, because of durable battery and mega cartridges hold 2ml plus of my favorite juice.

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
Welcome and congrats on getting off those analogs. I'm a 30 day newbie and this place has ALOT of good information. You need to read alot of posts, watch videos, go to some venders websites and you will start to have some of all this sink in. It may take you a few weeks to sort the lingo out, but well worth it.
There are many options to help you along your way and many great people here to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread