Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Why would you buy a car adapter for $10? They're available on eBay for $1-2. I spent $3 for a high capacity (2.1 amp), dual port adapter for my car; one port keeps my tablet (GPS) running, and the other recharges my Triton battery (if it's not powering the FM transmitter that broadcasts my tablet's music, over the radio) :2cool:

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Yep. Very stupid move by me. Especially, considering that I already had a car charger to charge my Kindle which works great with e-cigs. I was a Noob. When I was ordering I thought I was getting a unique Halo charging device. What Halo sent was a piece of junk that doesn't even work. I had never ordered E-Cig stuff before. I regret ever ordering the device. I regret ever ordering from Halo. They are overpriced and provide awful service. Halo wanted me to jump through a bunch of hoops to send it back, with no guarantee that I would even get the $10 credit. Their QC people were going to inspect it. I would have to pay the postage to sent it to them. Not worth the trouble.

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
I started with the Halo Triton kit, thought I was on top of the world and it helped me kick a 20yr analog addiction. I still was wanting the cig-a-like style, so what I did was order the mini tanks and used a pair of pliers to open up the cone just a bit so the cone could fit over the mini tank. That was 3 months ago now I own 3 mech mods, 3 vv/vw devices, and rebuilding Genesis attys. I guess I have a addicting personality. Thanks HALO!

Preluder77

Aug 1, 2013
Ohio
Bummer you had a bad experience with them. I started 3 weeks ago with 2 G6 starter kits for me and the wife. We love them, I did have a DOA cartomizer and it took 48hrs to get a response from them. Other then that their products are fantastic, just got my tritons in yesterday and I think they are great. Their jucies are awesome, I have not tried alot of other companies juices yet though. Only complaint I have is the mini tanks require frequent cleaning especially with a thick or dark juice, I clean them every 2 fills now and seems to be keeping them from gumming up. If they gum up they taste burnt and feels like a belt sander going down your throat. I did find out you can pull the top of the coil off with needle nose and makes cleaning them alot easier, just be sure not to lose the top wick that sits on the coil.

Tempesta

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Maryland USA
I'm very new, too, and I got a Halo kit (with the shorty batteries) last week, along with a sample pack of juices and some blank cartos. I am really impressed by the quality of the hardware, and it was carefully packaged. The only hint I can give you is to charge batteries initially per their instructions for maximum battery life (they say 8 hours for the initial charge, then use 20 minutes, then charge another two hours; the waiting is a bummer). I have no complaints about the vapor, but I think my Tribeca flavor needs a little steeping. Enjoy, and happy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread