JUST TOBACCO, no perfume, no caramel, no vanilla, no tba

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I have been extracting from cigars for a long time, but am starting to question if this is really healthy, so I have been on a quest to find a real tobacco flavor. I have now tried about 20 and the great majority have vanilla, caramel, and/or perfume flavor which I dislike.
At this time the best I have tried for me is "parliament" from VZ.

Would appreciate any suggestions for any other "just tobacco."

The following are some I do not like.
VZ:
Cigar
French pipe
Real Cig
Wizard:
Virginia cured
Captain Black
tobacco

All these have strong, perfume, vanilla or caramel flavor.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
All the virgina cured I have tried are very sweet. They leave a long lasting sweet taste in my mouth that gets nauseating.
Have you tried Signature/TPA/TFA flue cured, Dk, or M type ? Im still looking for a good virgina fire cured the only one I can find is from flavor west. Its not bad but also not great..

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I have been extracting from cigars for a long time, but am starting to question if this is really healthy, so I have been on a quest to find a real tobacco flavor. I have now tried about 20 and the great majority have vanilla, caramel, and/or perfume flavor which I dislike.
At this time the best I have tried for me is "parliament" from VZ.

Would appreciate any suggestions for any other "just tobacco."

The following are some I do not like.
VZ:
Cigar
French pipe
Real Cig
Wizard:
Virginia cured
Captain Black
Tobacco

All these have strong, perfume, vanilla or caramel flavor.

Out of curiosity what is your concern over extracted tobacco's? I just ordered some a couple days ago.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Concerned over the excessive gunk produced and the fumes from this gunk. The black gunk leaches back into the juice. Since my DIY extract is from soaking Opus X cigars in vodka or 151 proof rum for a couple weeks and then filtering it, there is probably some undesirable elements in it...

Out of curiosity what is your concern over extracted tobacco's? I just ordered some a couple days ago.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Concerned over the excessive gunk produced and the fumes from this gunk. The black gunk leaches back into the juice. Since my DIY extract is from soaking Opus X cigars in vodka or 151 proof rum for a couple weeks and then filtering it, there is probably some undesirable elements in it...
That's why I leave the tobacco extractions to the professionals. Hangsen's extractions are very clean.

DSmooch

ECF Veteran
I like the VZ 555 a lot. not sweet, smokey rich flavor.
Tobacco flavors from FlavorArt are worth giving a shot but I find it hard to use them alone.
I have different mixes of Cam T, 7 leaves, Cuban Supreme, Burley... I achieve some nice flavors, even spicy exotic sometimes, but they sure need experimenting...
I'm pretty amazed you've actually extracted some tobacco yourself...

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Try extracting with PG instead of vodka, all of the nasties won't dissolve in it. Also shoot me a PM and I'll send you a few syringe filters that are .45 micron, after your normal filtering use these and you will have an extract as clear as honey and clean burning. I use this method with Acid cigars and it works great.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
RY1 by Hangsen Tobacco Essence. Just tried this, best smoke (vape) I have had in more than 4 years.. Thanks Jimi D..:toast:

I'm hooked on the "Hangsen DK-TAB Essence", but you might not like that. I'll try the RY1. Did you get it at ecigexpress.com? Or is there some less expensive vendor?

Also, you say you didn't like WL: "Tobacco." Does that mean what they call "commercial tobacco?" I like it; but I've never done it straight up. It's always been at low percentages in my recipes.

Thanks,

Norman

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm hooked on the "Hangsen DK-TAB Essence", but you might not like that. I'll try the RY1. Did you get it at ecigexpress.com? Or is there some less expensive vendor?

Also, you say you didn't like WL: "Tobacco." Does that mean what they call "commercial tobacco?" I like it; but I've never done it straight up. It's always been at low percentages in my recipes.

Thanks,

Norman

Yes on the commercial tobacco. I bought the Ry1 from ecigexpress and now ordered cigar. I mixed the Ry1 at one drop per ml and only steeped for one day. I have been told it even gets better in 3 to 5 days so I am mixing some more as this first 30 ml won't last for 5 days.:)

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Yep. I guess it gets better with age but I like it as it comes. I think I do more than 1 drop per ml, but I don't know how big your drops are:laugh:

I do it at roughly 10% if it's the only flavor I'm using in a recipe.

I just wish ecigexpress sold bottles larger than 10ml with a discount, but who am I to complain...

You may or may not like "DK-TAB Essence." It does have something "sweet" about it but it's very subtle whatever it is.

Thanks,

Norman

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Ry1 Hangsen Tobacco Essence is the only tobacco flavor after trying many that I can say actually tastes like I am smoking. After checking all my purchases in over 4 years it is the 67th flavor I have tried (finally). Ordered a few more Hangsen tobaccos to try. As a friend said, no more candy land or cheap french perfume.:) Got a large bottle of Pluid from the co-op relief and tried to vape some but not possible, nauseating, the house smells of cheap anisette and the wife ....... Many swear by it and curiosity got the best of me. I am going to divide it up (big $85 bottle) and give it to curious friends that also wanted to try it and have never been able to get any. Not knocking it, to each his own, but I would rather drink Sambuca than vape it.

Reactions: DaveP

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Yep. I guess it gets better with age but I like it as it comes. I think I do more than 1 drop per ml, but I don't know how big your drops are:laugh:

I do it at roughly 10% if it's the only flavor I'm using in a recipe.

I just wish ecigexpress sold bottles larger than 10ml with a discount, but who am I to complain...

You may or may not like "DK-TAB Essence." It does have something "sweet" about it but it's very subtle whatever it is.

Thanks,

Norman

Never heard of anyone using 10%, the recommended is 2.5%. Just started a new mix and tried a little at 10% and it tasted like crap to me, like a soggy wet cigarette. Just shows that everyone's taste buds are different. Took it back to 1 drop per ml and it is perfect for me. :toast:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread