Juul vs myblu

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
myblu-juul.jpg

I thought a comparison of the 2 devices might be helpful to folks who are quitting smoking and just getting started with vaping. Between the 2 devices, I prefer the juul but I have major criticisms of both. I think there are better devices but if you want prefilled pods, then you might consider the myblu or juul.

Both devices are similar in size. The myblu is a bit bigger since it has a larger battery and liquid capacity.

myblu: 2ml liquid, 350mAh battery
Juul: 0.7ml liquid, 200mAh battery

I couldn’t find the mAh on the manufacturer websites but I found those numbers with a Google search. They are consistent with my experience—the myblu battery lasts a lot longer.

The myblu produces more vapor and has consistent performance. The first hit off a new Juul pod is excellent. But air bubbles get trapped around the wick and seem to diminish performance. I find that I have to regularly tap on the pods to get rid of the air bubbles.

Although neither myblu or Juul is advertised as refillable, both can be easily disassembled and it would be a waste to only use them once. The myblu pods are a bit leaky even with the original liquid before refill. There’s only a thin o-ring and it is bottom fill. I’ve heard complaints about the Juul leaking but I’ve never had problems with the pods leaking. The Juul pods are top fill and have a thick rubber stopper.

pods-018.jpg

[Juul pod on the left, myblu pod on the right]

One complaint that I often hear about Juul and myblu is that the pods are expensive but they are actually pretty close in price to empty pods from other manufacturers. The price of empty pods from Suorin, for example, is around $4 each. A pack of 4 Juul pods costs $15.99 so the price per pod is $4 each (less with a subscription). And a pack of 2 myBlu pods costs $8.99 so the price of each pod is $4.50.

Although there’s little difference in price compared to other pod systems, the real drawback of the Juul and myblu is the limited selection of flavors and nicotine concentrations. The options are 1.2 or 2.4% (free base) from myblu and only 5% (salt) from Juul. It blows my mind that Juul is only offering one concentration. If they had offered 2.5%, I might not have needed to try other brands shortly after I quit smoking in February.

At these concentrations, I prefer nicotine salts. I also prefer the flavors from Juul. That is the reason that I prefer the Juul over the myblu. Also the Juul pods aren’t leaky. In every other way, the myblu is a better device. But since I didn’t enjoy the flavor of the stock liquids, I didn’t enjoy the myblu. Individual preferences will vary.

Unfortunately, neither company gives a lot of options when it comes to nicotine concentration and flavor. So if you are willing to mess with filling your own pods, then I'd recommend looking at one of the open systems that don't come prefilled. I like the Suorin Drop but there are a lot of new devices that have been recently released and I'm looking forward to trying them. In particular, the Vapeccino Mate 1 and Smok Infinix and Suorin Eva look really good but I haven't had a chance to try them.

Another prefilled system to consider is Myle. I haven't tried the device but I have tried the mango juice they use. Taste was pretty good. Unfortunately, the pods are only available with one concentration (5% nicotine salt). The mango juice is available bottled with either 5% or 2.5% nicotine salt and I hope they will offer pods with 2.5% in the future.

Hope that helps. It was really easy for me to switch to vaping even after 25 years of smoking but it will be different for every individual. Good luck!

Last edited:

ashuhh

Verified Member
Dec 31, 2017
Jackson, TN
I just got the myblu starter kit because it was only $1. The pod was half leaked out in the package. It was a total mess. I immediately dumped out the liquid and filled it with solace nic salt. So far so good but I’d never give up my 3 juuls for the thing. Just my person opinion.

Aescwynn

Apr 18, 2018
Atlanta
I haven't had any trouble at all with the myblu-branded pods being leaky, but I bought some Cuttwood my.VE pods that arrived leaking all over the place. It's Cuttwood's packaging, which is meant to mimic a pack of cigarettes, but inside, the pods are not being held securely. The caps on the bottom had come off and in a couple of cases, the gold pins were pried up.

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
I have the Juno and love it. Hated the Juul as I felt the flavors were limited and the airflow too restricted. At the vape shop I manage we got the Juno bar promoting Juno's new flavors available in 36mg and 48mg and I thought I would try it since I failed and went back to analogs. :censored: I absolute love it. I can't get two days out of the pods which hold more juice than the Juul(1.6ml). The draw is slightly more open but not by much. Juno has an excellent sweet tobacco flavor similar to RY4. Juno is also releasing about 20 new flavors all of which are really good. Pods are the same price at my store anyway for both Juul and Juno at 16.04 after tax. The only downside for me is having to rely on Juno for pods. I prefer a refillable device but have truly enjoyed my experience with the Juno and would strongly recommend it over the Juul to anyone who comes in.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

nikosm

Nov 23, 2009
Alexandria, Va
I have tried both-the 7-11 is having a promo on BLU starter kits for $1-I bought one and it worked for about 10 puffs then stopped, so I bought another, same problem. Fortunately, I only wasted a little over $2.

I am currently JUULing and don't think I can go back to anything else now. I think it is a really good product. I was using a VUSE vibe before that and switched because of the recall when they stopped selling the cartridges a couple of months ago. JUUL is actually more economical (1 pod lasts me about a day and a half). Have been vaping for 9 years now and haven't had a combustible cigarette in almost 5 years.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I have tried both-the 7-11 is having a promo on BLU starter kits for $1-I bought one and it worked for about 10 puffs then stopped, so I bought another, same problem. Fortunately, I only wasted a little over $2.

I am currently JUULing and don't think I can go back to anything else now. I think it is a really good product. I was using a VUSE vibe before that and switched because of the recall when they stopped selling the cartridges a couple of months ago. JUUL is actually more economical (1 pod lasts me about a day and a half). Have been vaping for 9 years now and haven't had a combustible cigarette in almost 5 years.
I do not use the Juul - I do have the MyBlu but I mainly use a box mod. I have been really curious about the Juul, particularly with all the bad publicity. So you were using Vuse for years? I used it when I started and then switched to egos. I don't know if you will have the answer because using the Vuse also contained pretty high nic.

My questions are,

-- Do you feel that the Juul is addictive? Like if you do not have it that you must.
(I was that way with analog cigarettes but after vaping for years I have downed my nicotine quite a bit and can go for hours without vaping and not feel jittery or nervous)

-- So, do you go through 3 or 4 pods per week?

I have the Blu simply as backup. I dumped what was in there and put my own eliquid in. It is by my desk and when I think of it -- I take a vape now and then and the battery is still going strong -- for weeks.

I do not think I will jump on the juul craze - I am just curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread