Kamry K200 + Protank ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrustPork

Jul 26, 2013
Louisville, KY
So I found a K200 and Protank on fasttech.com for 46$ and 16$ respectively:
$46.59 Kamry K200 Voltage Adjustable Atomizer Resistance Tester Electronic Cigarettes Set - Chrome/ Black / US plug / AC 110-220V at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$16.11 Kanger Protank Clearomizer with Pyrex Glass Tank (2.5mL) - authentic Kangertech product / silver / 2.5

62$ for a setup that "seems" this nice is almost too good to be true to me. Anyone have any experience with the K200, and is the Protank I linked the real deal? (It says certified, but you never know.)

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
The K200 looks like it might be nice device

As noted on the flashup at the beginning of this video, some people are experiencing reliability issues after a few months, though it's not clear what these problems are. One thing that occurs to me is that it has a floating centre pin, which is an excellent design feature in itself, but it probably means that the top cannot be fully sealed. A possible problem might be e-liquid getting onto the PCB? If so, then it's probably repairable with just a clean of the PCB with 99% IPA.

One thing I would find annoying is that the variable wattage starts at 5W and there's only 10 steps up to 15W. The Vamo starts at 3W and goes in 0.5W steps. (VV is 3.0V-6.0V in 0.1V steps as expected). Considering that I often find myself liking 5.5W with the Protank, I'd probably mainly use this device in VV mode even though I'm a VW fan. I tend to think that the problem demonstrated with Voltage regulation between 3V and 3.7V is probably more to do with a deficiency in the measuring device because of the PWM.

I also note that there's no Ego threading. Not a deal breaker but if you wanted to use something like an Evod you'd have to use a 510 to Ego adapter.

Despite the fact the fact that I really like some of the design features (ribbed body, flat control surface, coloured LEDs, and that floating centre pin) I think the review is enough to convince me that the Vamo V3 might be a better purchase for me. If you like lower ohm coils and higher watt vaping, the K200 looks like it might be the ticket as it performs better. Vamo is minimum 1.5Ω, and it can't deliver much over 10W on something that low. While Todd did not do any definitive testing, it looks like the K200 is performing really well on his 1.2Ω coil at 13 watts.

Last edited:

ThrustPork

Jul 26, 2013
Louisville, KY
The K200 looks like it might be nice device

As noted on the flashup at the beginning of this video, some people are experiencing reliability issues after a few months, though it's not clear what these problems are. One thing that occurs to me is that it has a floating centre pin, which is an excellent design feature in itself, but it probably means that the top cannot be fully sealed. A possible problem might be e-liquid getting onto the PCB? If so, then it's probably repairable with just a clean of the PCB with 99% IPA.

One thing I would find annoying is that the variable wattage starts at 5W and there's only 10 steps up to 15W. The Vamo starts at 3W and goes in 0.5W steps. (VV is 3.0V-6.0V in 0.1V steps as expected). Considering that I often find myself liking 5.5W with the Protank, I'd probably mainly use this device in VV mode even though I'm a VW fan. I tend to think that the problem demonstrated with Voltage regulation between 3V and 3.7V is probably more to do with a deficiency in the measuring device because of the PWM.

I also note that there's no Ego threading. Not a deal breaker but if you wanted to use something like an Evod you'd have to use a 510 to Ego adapter.

Despite the fact the fact that I really like some of the design features (ribbed body, flat control surface, coloured LEDs, and that floating centre pin) I think the review is enough to convince me that the Vamo V3 might be a better purchase for me. If you like lower ohm coils and higher watt vaping, the K200 looks like it might be the ticket as it performs better. Vamo is minimum 1.5Ω, and it can't deliver much over 10W on something that low. While Todd did not do any definitive testing, it looks like the K200 is performing really well on his 1.2Ω coil at 13 watts.

Wow. Thanks for the video first off, and thanks for the detailed follow up on it. I really hope his meter or device itself is faulty. Other than that, I like it! This will probably be my next buy.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
The k200 has a 2.3 - 2.5 amp limit in my experience. 2.5 ohms or higher is what will work on it otherwise it amps out if you turn voltage up and you have to reset it. I have one its great but the 510 connector fell out after 2 months.. Using a protank.. if you have one i would add some type of strong glue or solder into the drip well to make it more solid.. Really disappointing because I really liked it. You can see the thread on it here
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-k200-anyone-have-one-yet.html?highlight=K200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread