Kanger MT3 vs. Vision Vivi Mini Nova vs. D.C Carto Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

thxone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Concord, NC
3 clearomizers, 3 different set-ups, one battery, one juice. This is my comparison, my opinions and my test of these three "clearomizers".

Ok, let me start off with this, these are different tanks. One is a top coil with a wick, one is a cartomizer tank and the last is a bottom coil with a wick. I used one battery, a Vision Spinner 1300mAh with all tanks and I used Mom and Pops famous 5 layer e-liquid in each tank. This will be quick and to the point.

The Kanger MT3

This is my favorite of the three. Stated as a 2.4-2.8ohm coil and 3ml capacity. I have my Spinner set to an estimated 4.6v on the assumption that the ohm rating is in the middle at 2.6ohm giving me an estimated 8.14w. Flavor is amazing and vapor is a good amount. No leaking, no issues really to speak of. There are three air holes. Draw is good but can be tightened up by simply covering up one of the holes with your finger. I prefer to do this. It looks great on the Spinner 1300.

IMAG0607_zpsd5ba969d.jpg

The Vision Vivi Mini Nova

This has been my "go to" tank until I got the Kanger. Flavor is good, just behind the Kanger. Vapor is great, a bit MORE than the Kanger. No issues what so ever. As I showed in another post... it spent 30 min upside down with no leaks. I will still use this for sure. 1.8ohm coil and the Spinner is set at an estimated 3.9v giving an estimated 8.45w.

IMAG0608_zps99e36ffb.jpg

The Artemas D.C Tank

In my opinion the best looking of the three. Flavor and vapor are down compared to the Nova and MT3 so I sent the jury out for a bit... they got lost because still don't have an answer on this thing. I want it to work so bad that I keep trying it over and over. I have a carto punch on the way... I will enlarge the hole and see if that helps. It just seems week unless you hit it 4 or 5 good times... then it starts to work. Yes, it's primed. When I do get flavor, it is great. No leaking. 3ml and dual 3ohm coils in parallel for a final 1.5ohm rating. The spinner is set at an estimated 3.6v for an estimated 8.64w.

IMAG0611_zps35e4ec6c.jpg

I have given up on my Vision version 2... it leaks way to much out of the bottom. It is my opinion that if you like a Vision Vivi Nova Mini... you should like or love the Kanger MT3. In my testing I tried to keep my watts as close as I could for all three and at the time, I used the same juice in all three tanks. I have also found that if the Kanger is left in the vertical position for a while it will gurgle slightly but if it is resting horizontal for a bit I got very very little or no gurgle. Just a tip. I have my eye on a few other tanks so I will be doing a few more test soon.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Very nice review. I'm a recent convert to BCC clearomizers (T3, BCC Tabac, eVod)--best taste and performance of the bunch, IMO. I like the bottom coil design better (gravity is our friend sometimes) and I like the eGo threading because I'm an eGo user. :)

Wrt to your dual coil tank, you'll never get the same oomph from a DC as you get from a single coil on the same voltage. You see, even though the resistance of your atty is 1.5Ω, you're still dealing with two 3Ω coils, so you're not really vaping anywhere near your estimated 8.64 watts. Ohm's law. There have been many discussions on the subject on the forum, but even people who like DC atties agree that they need to be used on much higher voltages to be effective.

In a nutshell, using a 1.5Ω DC atty is similar to vaping two 3.0Ω atties at the same time, if that makes any sense. You get more vapor, but not more warmth. And your battery will discharge much faster; your juice will also be vaporized at a much higher rate.

Here's one of the most recent conversations on the subject:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-question-re-ohms-dual-coils.html#post8803292

Happy vaping!

Last edited:

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Ok... so I ordered a carto for my D.C tank... I also ordered the carto punch. I enlarged the factory hole slightly then punched a second hole of the same side, opposite of the first hole. BAM!!!!!!! Now I can use my D.C tank!!! I am guessing this is how it is SUPPOSED to taste and vape... perfection!

What carto? I am trying a dct (1.5 dual, single hole) for the first time and it is nowhere near as good as a t3 or vivi nova, even with my spinner maxed out.

0_0 *** Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE *** 0_0

thxone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Concord, NC
What carto? I am trying a dct (1.5 dual, single hole) for the first time and it is nowhere near as good as a t3 or vivi nova, even with my spinner maxed out.

I am using the Artemas D.C tank 1.5ohm dual coil... I used my carto punch and made the one hole bigger then added a second. It vapes great at 3.8v on my spinner 1300... it's pictured above at the begining of this thread.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I am using the Artemas D.C tank 1.5ohm dual coil... I used my carto punch and made the one hole bigger then added a second. It vapes great at 3.8v on my spinner 1300... it's pictured above at the begining of this thread.

Nice to know. I will have to do some hole punching as well.

moto2000

Feb 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
Is the vision spinner wider than the ego-c twist? I noticed that with those tanks on the ego-c twist, they look wider. On your spinner, the MT3 tank is exactly the same width and it looks great!

EDIT:

So I did some research and found out that the vision spinner IS in fact wider. I like this because the batter does not have to be so long and a lot of tank/cartomizers fit flush with it.

I may have to pick up a spinner soon!

Last edited:

thxone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Concord, NC
Is the vision spinner wider than the ego-c twist? I noticed that with those tanks on the ego-c twist, they look wider. On your spinner, the MT3 tank is exactly the same width and it looks great!

EDIT:

So I did some research and found out that the vision spinner IS in fact wider. I like this because the batter does not have to be so long and a lot of tank/cartomizers fit flush with it.

I may have to pick up a spinner soon!

Yup its fatter... The Stainless Steel is slick though. If your hands are wet in anyway it will feel slippery. Looks great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread