Kanger T2 leaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00stzx3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Frederick, MD
So I've been using this Kanger T2 Clearomizer for about 3 weeks now. LOVE IT. But now i've noticed leaking happening. It's coming out of vent holes at the bottom and oddly at the point where the mouthpiece screws in. Finally found something awesome and now it's leaking.

I read the air hole leak problem had to do with liquid getting in the center piece when replacing the heads. I haven't gotten any in there I've been very careful.

Are these leaks common? Is there something I can do? I'll grab a Vivi tank if it means not leaking, even though I've really liked the Kanger T2 so far.

b00stzx3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Frederick, MD
Should I just be pushing it in? I only fill halfway up till where the head screws in...

part of the problem I found today is that the metal wing in the mouthpiece detached from it and is screwed into it itself. Leaking bad up top now.

I don't think I've been overly rough, haven't dropped it at all. Maybe I got a fluke? Maybe I should invest in a Vivi?

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Yep, that top cap separation thing is kind of common with the T2. You will either need to buy a new one, or you can try to affix the plastic part back to the base with some glue. Be sure to cover the whole circumference so no gaps. The cap will not have a positive seal on the atty head top boot seal if at all loose. Also, be sure to check the atty head for tightness. When you unscrew the mouthpiece it is possible to loosen the head each time unless it is screwed on tight. I think repairing the top cap mouthpiece will solve your issues. Make sure that you wash it really good before the repair, wipe away all excess glue, and let dry overnight.

Center post is relativley straight.

Well the metal base of the moutpiece became seperated from the plastic. Leaking like a SOB when I tip the unit back to soak the wick. Guess I expected too much out of something that cost 6 bucks!

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
... Well the metal base of the moutpiece became seperated from the plastic. Leaking like a SOB when I tip the unit back to soak the wick. Guess I expected too much out of something that cost 6 bucks!
The newer ones were supposed to resolve that issue and many vendors are selling new (and improved?) mouthpieces.

Fiore V

Unregistered Supplier
I am on my 3rd T2 in 2 weeks. These things leak after a few days heavy vaping. What a PITA. I have tried almost every tank/clearomizer/Mod-fiddled around for hours with all this looking for something better. I thought there would have been an improvement in the tank/clearomizer dept. by now. But No dice!
Back to my old echo.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
So you guys definitely have the T2 with the heavy metal ends and good tank right? If yes, I found a place that offers a metal top mouthpiece and some pretty reasonable atty head replacements. I have been using this combo for a couple of weeks now, and haven't had any issues with the T2s I have. Of course I would rather have the Vivi 3.5 but it doesn't look as nice as the T2 on an eGo, especially with the metal mouthpiece. Working great here.

Kanger Clearomizers | 510 Clearomizers | EgO Clearomizers

Crap, just noticed the metal mouthpieces are out of stock now. It would be worth it to see if this is temporary. These caps seal on the atty head perfectly. I think those plastic ones are still garbage.

Have you tried to Vision Nova? I wish the technology was there for flawless tanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread