Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This Kit was provided by HealthCabin for the purpose of reviewing it. Kangertech Uboat Starter Kit 2ml 550mAh

The Kangertech UBOAT Kit comes in a hard plastic case. The kit contents are a 550MAH auto puff battery, a pod tank containing a ceramic coil 1.5 ohm, USB charging cable, extra bottom plugs for the tank and a user manual. Kit is available in Black only. Kit is inexpensive and available for below $20. Replacement Pod tanks with coils are available in 3 packs for around $6 to $9 for the pack.

Uboatcase.jpg

The UBOAT is a small lightweight vape device measuring 38mm x 22 mm x 15mm that easily fits in a pocket and has a leak proof design. It was designed for use with 50 pg/50 vg liquid. Charge time on the battery is around 30 minutes. The POD is bottom fill by removing a plug, the fill hole is just the right size to take the nozzle on a plastic squeeze bottle.
uboat_mini.jpg
I tested this out over a period of 2 weeks using a DIY Double RY4 50pg/50vg juice made with 12mg nicotine salt. The kit was used extensively on day one, running thru about 6 ml of liquid. For the remainder of the 2 week period, I used it for out of the house usage on the go. I found that it was light weight, easily fit in a pocket, leak proof and the battery is sufficient for a few hours of usage without recharging. The flavor produced by the coil was intense and the amount of vapor produced was surprising large for a small device. I normally vape 4 mg liquid in a subohm tank but found that 12 mg MTL in this kit easily satisfied my needs when out and about.

There are several things to like about this device. It is lightweight easy to take with you and the flavor it produces is intense. This may be in part due to the high level of PG in the juice. It can be recharged fast and batter lasts a decent amount of time before needing a recharge. The POD/COIL seems to last for a good length of time. I used the same pod for 2 weeks running a total of around 20 ml liquid thru it and the pod doesn’t need changing yet. Not sure how long a pod lasts but Kangertech includes a bag of extra plugs so they must think it will last long enough to lose several of them refilling.

Device usage is pretty straight forward which a good thing as the manual print is minute and would require a magnifier to read. The USB charging cable is too short to be convenient and with the cable being a proprietary format, losing it would make the device unusable until a replacement could be obtained.
Uboat_15.jpg

Overall, it is a decent, flavorful kit that is convenient for on the go MTL vaping. Small enough to be somewhat discrete but producing too much vapor to be stealth vaping. The length of the USB charging cable is a minus. Another minus is the juice window on the Pod is dark, making it hard to see the level of juice in it without holding it in front of a bright light source.

Last edited:
Reactions: spaceman84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread