Not open for further replies.

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Hello fellow rebuilders,

I am contemplating my next purchase. Seeing that i have plenty of Gennies already, i was looking into a vaccuum fed tank, and that leaves three obvious options: Taifun, Kayfun or Fogger V2. Yes i am talking about the fasttech clones.

Can anyone give insights about how these perform? Difficulty of build is not a problem. Im planning to use trusty old micro coil with cotton wicks, and looking for good flavor and vapor. It looks like the Fogger is the only one with air flow control. Are these tanks easy to open up air intakes on? Any significant differences between them?

Any insight is most welcome. Im determined to settle on only one, as this is be my last vaping purchase for the time being.

Thanks everyone!

-K

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
I think the Fasttech Kayfun3.1 has AFC

Hm, thats definitely a factor. Thanks!

I am eyeing the Taifun, seeing that it is 23mm and will sit flush with the Sigelei 19, the only "unaccompanied" mod i have lying around. What do you guys think of the vape with a Taifun vs a Kayfun?

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
I have a Taifun GT and Kayfun Lite plus... original.

Both are really awesome vapes. Can't go wrong with either.
I give a slight edge to the Taifun GT. The build quality is
even nicer. Taste/vapor/throathit... on par imo.
If you go with microcoils and cotton i have found the kayfun is a bit easier to build.
And... the Taifun GT is a lot easier to fill. Also easy to access the coil, without having
to dump the contents first like with the Kayfun.

However about the fake ones... i really don't know. A lot of things that can go wrong
with a vacuum tank.

Last edited:

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Very nice! You have swayed me substantially towards the Taifun. Im prone to changing my mind halfway through a vape about which flavor i crave, so the accessibility to liquid is a huge plus.

How is the air intake on your Taifun? I am used to a single 5/64 inch air hole on all my Gennies and drippers, so its one of my biggest concern when getting a pressure tank. Is it easy to enlarge the air paths?

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
I have all three and the fogger is junk.

I prefer my real Taifun GT hands down to my Russian (high quality Kayfun 3.1 clone), for vape quality, coiling/wicking, and filling.

Don't get hung up on the air hole, these are vacuum dependent atty's. If you open up the air to much then you won't have any vacuum to pull juice in.

But will the FT copyies be same??? Can't say yet, got the shipping notification today from FT on the 2 Taifun copies I ordered.

Jersh

Jul 23, 2013
Northfield Mn
I have a rocket and the fogger v2 from fasttech. They are both a pia to set up proper with cotton wicks, they need to be just the right thickness. If its too tight, dry hits and burns, too loose and it will flood like crazy. Also the deck plate on the fogger v2 has a lip that makes it a bit more difficult to coil, but not impossible. Between the two, the rocket being a kayfun lite clone and the fogger v2 being a taifun gt clone, build quality the fogger v2 is better. A few tweaks with the insulators and the fogger v2 rocks. I got a ss tank for it, its my go to atomizer tank here on out (for now).

DeeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Rockwall, TX
I am waiting on the FT taifun gt. I have the Kayfun Lite Plus and a Russian 91%. I got a Fogger V3 from COV today. The Fogger was a little more difficult to build than the Kayfun, but not hard by any means. I'm going on about 3 hours with it and have had no problems. I've got it set up with cotton and so far it is working just fine. I like it.

Stonesourlemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I almost ordered the ft taifun clone, I had been waiting for the pre-order to drop at smokerstore and stumbled across it on the ft website. added it to cart..... annnd decided i deserved the real deal. :2cool: I own a fogger v2/3 (4 air holes) and once you get it figured out, it vapes very well. the problem is building. wrapping the leads around those stupid posts almost made me post it for sale. machining isnt half bad though, I dont have any input on the kayfun, I may get one eventually.... after my lady stops asking why i just spent $165 on an atomizer :evil:

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
I have all three FT clones listed... And of the three, the rockets are the most finicky, the Kayfun has nothing really -wrong- with it, but it's a plastic tank (it comes w/ a SS, but I like seeing fluid level), and the wick intakes are higher up the stack than on the fogger v2, so there's more 'waste', depending on how you look at it.

The foggers were tricky to find a consistent working setup, but once I found one (30g vertical almost-microcoil (1.7mm) wrapped around the screws, and not through the holes, remainder of chimney packed w/ cotton, not extending into the chimney slots, w/ the o-ring installed (and when I say 'packed', I do mean it, not loose, but I'm also not tamping it down hard, hope that makes sense)), they've been my trouble-free go-to.

IMG_20131119_002452[1].jpg

Two of the foggers and a KFL 3.1 FT clone, from right now =) Using the K3.1 mainly because I got it today, so was testing it, so I have a tank of juice to get through... otherwise that'd be topped w/ a fogger or terminator.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I've got a Fogger V1 from a local store, and a Fogger V3 from COV, both leak terribly. I have yet to find a build that wicks properly....It's either dry burn (no wicking) or flooding, gurgling and LEAKING!

I'm waiting on a rocket from FT, but one of the local stores says he might be getting the kayfun lites. If he does I may snag one depending on price... he said they'd be authentic but I'm being told that is highly unlikely? I'll see this week.

So far the Fogger has been nothing short of a PITA. I guess it's user error on my part...? I've spent more time fussing with it than vaping on it. And I've read one of the Taifun GT threads and they're having some of the same issues...dry wicks or flooding.........? ? ? So I dunno.

Sent using my typewriter

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Hello fellow rebuilders,

I am contemplating my next purchase. Seeing that i have plenty of Gennies already, i was looking into a vaccuum fed tank, and that leaves three obvious options: Taifun, Kayfun or Fogger V2. Yes i am talking about the Fasttech clones.

Can anyone give insights about how these perform? Difficulty of build is not a problem. Im planning to use trusty old micro coil with cotton wicks, and looking for good flavor and vapor. It looks like the Fogger is the only one with air flow control. Are these tanks easy to open up air intakes on? Any significant differences between them?

Any insight is most welcome. Im determined to settle on only one, as this is be my last vaping purchase for the time being.

Thanks everyone!

-K

lol Kanj....I've said that before.... Anyway, one more opinion to add to the others here on these devices.

I have all three (Authentic Taifun and KFL). The Taifun is the superior design and vapes the best. The KLF is more dependent upon suction to bring juice into the atty. While its easier to get a KFL set up, I find myself adjusting my draws strength depending upon how the juice is feeding the coil. With the Taifun and Fogger, your wick setup in the slots will drive the quality of your vape. With a bit of experience, you can "tune" the balance between getting a good barrier at the slot and optimize for juice flow.

With out major surgery, all these device will have limited airflow. If you really like the KFL design keep you eye out for the Aqua clone (not available yet, but I am sure China will drop a clone shortly). The Aqua design is similar to the KFL, but brings the wick into contact with juice in the tank, so it should even out flow dynamics. And it has juice control. If more airflow and dual coils are of interest this may be a good alternative. Just thought I would throw that in for a potential after "last purchase"....purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread