Not open for further replies.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
That things not really meant for dual coils anyways. People have done it but theres no point in the KF4.

Hah yeah I remember when I got my first Kayfun Lite last year. Opened it up to look at the deck and just thought 'JEEZ they look huge online how do you people do this??'

chav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2014
Virginia
I had the same issue with mine, and then when I put it back together it would leak from the seals, what worked for me, is on a mod, push down on the top of the metal tank and then use your pliers to tighten or loosen the nut, that way the tension is off of it when you are trying to adjust it.

Reactions: Caterpiller

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
That things not really meant for dual coils anyways. People have done it but theres no point in the KF4.

Hah yeah I remember when I got my first Kayfun Lite last year. Opened it up to look at the deck and just thought 'JEEZ they look huge online how do you people do this??'

I always remove two of the four coil deck screws and save them in my parts toolbox since a single coil build, for me works best on this RTA.
Makes it easier to wrap the wire around those small screw heads and to snip the extra wire too.

Another thing I do is after a thorough ultra sonic cleaning when receiving a new Kayfun V4 or a periodic maintenance cleaning is to lightly lubricate the 0-rings and mating parts with 100% pure vegetable glycerin using a cotton swab. This makes reassembly much easier and enures the seals seat properly. The drip tip especially needs this since it's such a tight fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread