Kayfun V4 or Orchid V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoPotato

Dec 31, 2014
Hi guys, once again I am in need of some major enlightenment as to which one of the two would be the best choice.
After a not so good experience with purchasing a mod online, I finally got the chance to find a newly opened vape shop.
I saw a lot of atomizers on display, and two of them got my attention. The Kayfun V4 and the Orchid V4, both of which are clones.

The store people are kind enough to accommodate my questions and allowed me to see the demo of how the two works.
But I'm still quite not sure as to which one should I purchase, I love atomizers with tank, I personally find it easier to use since I just put in the juice and vape, no need to drip every now and then (no offense to those who love drippers)

Can you please share your thoughts as to what are the PROS and CONS of the Kayfun V4 and the Orchid V4. I intend to use it on my K100 mod since I'm still saving some money to buy myself a good mod. Which of these two works best on a single and dual coil? I've watch some videos on youtube and some reviews mentioned the problem with leaks. I'm totally undecided as to what should I buy, which do you think is better and would work for me on a long run?

This forum and the people in it have thought me a lot and I'm still looking forward to learning more. Thanks guys :)

Treborsmug

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2014
Dallas Texas
Well.....just got done building 2 Kayfun V4's (1 Black, 1 S.S.) So I just tried what you said. Took one of my new Flip V3 Mod and put it on the my K100.....No go....Not long enough to reach the center contact on the K100 and it's not adjustable. Don't know about the Orchid V4. Face it...there's just so many choices now. Built right they're all good in different ways and all give great flavour and nic hit. So.....do like me and start your collection today. What a hobby. :D

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I have five Orchids, and my sixth is in the mail. They are made for dual coils, but I use them as single coils. I chain-vape, and they tolerate heat build-up better. I plug the outside air-hole on the unused side with a tiny bit of cotton. I split both ends of the wick, and thread half of the wicks between the posts to the unused side. I tuck a bit of the wicks on the used side under the coil. Clip all four ends off even with the build deck. They work fine. And the price is better.

chomper33

Sep 22, 2014
USA
I have two Kayfun v4s and two Orchid v4s. All very good clones that are machined very well, do not leak, and probably perform just as the authentics do. The jury is still out because the 4s kits are still in the mail, but so far the Kayfuns are not even in the same league in both flavor and vapor production. 0.5 ohm dual coil on an Orchid - Stingray X combo is blowing anything I have tried in the Kayfuns away.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Personally, I don't think the two should be compared with each other. They're totally different. If you like restricted airflow for mouth to lung inhales, go for the Kayfun. If you do direct lung inhales, then the Orchid is better. I love the Orchids...I have about 6 of them for some reason... The Orchid is meant for duals coils, the kayfun is meant for single coils. They both provide great flavor but the Orchid wins in vapor production. The Kayfun is probably a little easier to build, but neither are hard.
If you want comparisons, compare the Orchid to the Billow tank or the Silverplay. IMO, both the Billow and the Silverplay win hands down.
I have a nickel build in a K4 on a DNA40 right now and it's great but the vape experience from the kayfun is nothing like that of an Orchid. It's hard to compare those 2.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Oh....and unless your vape shop is different from all the other ones, buy those 2 online. My b&m has the k4 clone for $64 and it's now $19 online...both by tobeco. The orchid is $45 in the stores and $15-20 online. Support your local vape shop all you can, but some things are just ridiculously expensive in stores.

skale240

Jan 8, 2013
United States
Personally, I don't think the two should be compared with each other. They're totally different. If you like restricted airflow for mouth to lung inhales, go for the Kayfun. If you do direct lung inhales, then the Orchid is better. I love the Orchids...I have about 6 of them for some reason... The Orchid is meant for duals coils, the kayfun is meant for single coils. They both provide great flavor but the Orchid wins in vapor production. The Kayfun is probably a little easier to build, but neither are hard.
If you want comparisons, compare the Orchid to the Billow tank or the Silverplay. IMO, both the Billow and the Silverplay win hands down.
I have a nickel build in a K4 on a DNA40 right now and it's great but the vape experience from the kayfun is nothing like that of an Orchid. It's hard to compare those 2.

After ready your post I ended up ordering a Silverplay! LOL

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Oh....and unless your vape shop is different from all the other ones, buy those 2 online. My b&m has the k4 clone for $64 and it's now $19 online...both by tobeco. The orchid is $45 in the stores and $15-20 online. Support your local vape shop all you can, but some things are just ridiculously expensive in stores.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1922001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread