Kingpin Joye 510 Very Little Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunaruss

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I am new to using e-cigs i purchased the Joye 510 Starter Kit from kingpincigs.com with the standard atomizers. I have read that the 510 has very good vapor but so far i am getting very little vapor out of them, if i use one of the 510 Cartomizers i am getting decent vapor but with the atomizer and cartridges i am still getting horrible vapor. Is this normal? Anyone have any suggestion?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I am a noob but...

- Is it a prefilled cart? Can you tell if it looks a bit dry? If so, try topping it off with just enough drops of ejuice to make it look moist but not a puddle. If the cart looks fine, try putting one drop of ejuice on the atomizer bridge. Does that help?

- Does your atomizer have a pointed bridge or a rounded bridge? I think there are two 510 atomizer manufacturers and the rounded ones may be better. (I could be wrong on this)

lunaruss

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I am starting to think i may have gotten bum atty's then because i have been using it for about 2 days now and am getting no better vapor then i was when i first got it. The carts that came with the package were prefilled and did seem to be wet, after i wasnt getting much vapor out of them i did add some more juice to it but it didnt seem to help at all. And they are the rounded coils from the looks of them.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I wouldn't use a LR atty with a 510. The LR attys need bigger batteries and even then they really decrease the battery life.
Try this with your attys and see if it helps at all:
Highping's Atty Resurrection Method
If that doesn't do the trick then you might just have a couple of bum attys like MarvelSlasher said. If that's the case, I would contact the vendor immediately and see if they can be replaced.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I reckon they are not Joye 510's but lookalikes. Their web site describes them as "Joye style" and says "You can now choose have low resistance (2.2ohm) atomizers instead of standard (3.1ohm)." Standard Joye 510 atomizers are around 2.4 ohms (that's what I've measured them at, but some on here say as low as 2.1 ohms). That will partly explain the difference in performance.

BTW do they look anything like this inside with a metal disc around the bridge?

22000d1288563945-help-me-identify-atomizer-pic-inside-901_510_shield_01.jpg

Last edited:

GreenGuy

Nov 10, 2010
Michigan
I wouldn't use a LR atty with a 510. The LR attys need bigger batteries and even then they really decrease the battery life.
Try this with your attys and see if it helps at all:
Highping's Atty Resurrection Method
If that doesn't do the trick then you might just have a couple of bum attys like MarvelSlasher said. If that's the case, I would contact the vendor immediately and see if they can be replaced.

I hear LR attys are not recommend for standard batteries, however I've been using an LR atty for 3 weeks now with my standard 510 batt with no problems. Actually I only take 2 - 2.5 second hit with an LR, with a standard atty (2.5ish ohms) I'm hitting the 5 second mark. My batts are lasting twice as long when using the LR attys because I'm just not hitting them as much, which leads me to believe they might actually give my batts a longer lifespan. I dunno, could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread