kr808d cartomizers and 6 volt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorrid

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Tampa,Florida
Hey thanks for the reply!

No worries. I've been using the Yeti LR 501 cartos that Rob sells @ 3.7v and they work really good.

Since the Kr808's were so cheap I ordered some and an adapter just to try them out.

I have some cr123a Lifepo4 batteries on the way as well as some standard 510 cartos to try them with so I should be good for a bout of experimenting.Yay!

Unfortunately, I love the Omega so much I'm going to have to get a SB as well just because.

Damn you Altsmoke!! :p

Last edited:

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Those cartomizers may actually be the best bet. Those are the original KR808D's, before these Turbo/Wow KR808D's came out. I'm not a KR808D wizard or anything like that, but I believe the Turbo/WoW KR808D's are lower resistance than the old styles. Soooo the KR808D's that we have may be a better choice. But, I prefer the 510/Yeti-C (what we call them) over the KR808D's anyways. All my stuff is 510 threaded so it's the atomizer of choice, like dabbling in the LR 306 sometimes ;P

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
We really liked these for 6v vaping

Vapor4Life- Electronic Cigarette: Premium Blank LR Cartomizers

They actually did better than the coolcarts imo. One of the most awesome things about these cartos is after you use them a few days and they start to get crappy you can rip out the filler material and direct drip. I would usually rip filler material out and use a drip tip @ 6v and they produced some of the best vapor I have ever had lol. I usually get 1-2 days of direct dripping with filler material removed.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC

They actually did better than the coolcarts imo. One of the most awesome things about these cartos is after you use them a few days and they start to get crappy you can rip out the filler material and direct drip. I would usually rip filler material out and use a drip tip @ 6v and they produced some of the best vapor I have ever had lol. I usually get 1-2 days of direct dripping with filler material removed.
Are these not to low of a resistance for 6v?I have never got these blanks from v4l but are they not the same as the wow pre-filled?I have vaped there coolcarts at 6v and do great for me but there lr carto's run to hot for me at that but do well at 5v or lower.

Sorrid

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Tampa,Florida

I hear ya there. Dogsbodies post on dripping the fillerless kr808d's is the primary reason for me purchasing these cartos in the first place. Everyone that has tried it seems to love it.

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
Are these not to low of a resistance for 6v?I have never got these blanks from v4l but are they not the same as the wow pre-filled?I have vaped there coolcarts at 6v and do great for me but there lr carto's run to hot for me at that but do well at 5v or lower.

Sorry for the slow reply,

I thought they got too hot at first too until I stuck the metal drip tip on them. I am using a super t drip tip and it keeps my lips from getting too hot, also helps dissipate the heat from the carto.

Just try them with a nice heavy metal drip tip, makes a huge difference.

Sorrid

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Tampa,Florida
Well as I'm stilling waiting on my cr123a LifePo batteries/charger from All-Battery.com I can't throw my two cents in yet on the kr808d and 6v but I do have the kr808d cartos from Altsmoke.

I checked them all with the multimeter and the kr808d's are running anywhere between 3.0 ohms and 3.4 ohms.

*twiddles thumbs while waiting on batteries*

Oh yeah and Brian I've been using a drip tip on my LR cartos just for that reason. cooler lips and the drip tip contour is just a lot more comfortable than the round flat carto end.

Last edited:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Oh yeah and Brian I've been using a drip tip on my LR cartos just for that reason. cooler lips and the drip tip contour is just a lot more comfortable than the round flat carto end.

I always used the delrin drip tips.
1) I prefered the texture to that of metal ones.
2) They don't conduct any heat (or cold for that matter) at all
3) I used them on cartomizers that had vertical coils... with Chinese quality control being what it is sometimes the coil would stick up further than normal. Even with the gasket/grommet your drip tip is going to contact the barrel. If it also contacts the coil...well. (and those batteries you have on the way don't have short protection to cut them off in a couple of milliseconds?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread