Lavatube battery problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakewi

Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
Brooklyn
Hi all,
I've been searching around the forums with no luck finding an answer.
I've have my lavatube for a couple weeks and think its great but I'm a bit confused with the battery. Everything I have read says the battery should read at 4.2 volts on a full charge. Between my 2 battery's I've never had one over 3.9 which I believe is about a 75% charge?
I'm using AW IMR 18650 3.7V 1600mAh batteries with an UltraFire WF-188 charger. I have the charger set at 3.7v/650mah but have also tried other setting with no luck.

Has anyone else had a problem with the batts not fully charging?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

koalagr

Jan 27, 2012
Sweden
With the LT batteries (the ones that come with the packet), I usually get 4.2 Volts, but some times they read 4.1 V
I use a Trustfire charger (model TR001),the fixed output is 4.2 V.
I have read in some posts that some AW batteries may be copycats, or some times it's just bad luck.
If you trust the shop you bought them from, probably it's just bad luck.

koalagr

Jan 27, 2012
Sweden
The batteries that originally came with the lava tube were imitation battery's. They just got the "real" ones in a week or two ago. They have on their forum that they will replace ur old ones for no charge I believe if you choose to. That's if you got it from volcano.

Nice of you to mention that, but I got my LV from here
Lavatube Variable Voltage Mod - Premium Kit

I dont have any real issues with the batteries, It's just that a few times they come out of the charger with 4.1 V instead of 4.2

Thanks anyway:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread