Lavatube + Vivi Nova = Not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
Ok so i've had a lavatube for some time (6+ weeks) and I've been using a 510-ego adapter to use my Kanger T2's on it, with no issues other than cheap adapter issues. I ordered a Vivi nova from mountolympus and originally had no issues. Switching around atomizers today, talking with a friend, and now my vivi nova will NOT fire on the stock 510 threading, but when i screw on my 510-ego adapter, it fires just fine.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this issue? What caused it and/or how did you resolve it? My lavatube has no warranty as it was on sale extremely cheap ($45 for the kit with charger, 2 batteries, LR 510 atty, drip tip).

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
Ok, I have finally narrowed down my particular issue. I don't know if it's from the combination of equipment i use or what, but i figured it out. If anyone else has this issue, now that i've figured it out, it's fairly easy to fix.

1. ) Take the head off the post
2. ) With tweezers or your finger nails, pull the center post on the HEAD out about 1/16 of an inch, so that about 1/32 of an inch is showing on each side of the little silicon grommet.
3. ) Screw back into place.

Tada! It's been working for me like this, and I've tried it with all 3 heads, it works now! WHEW. I was starting to very VERY angry.

Also, i was not fortunate enough to end up with one of the Vivi nova's that had that extra silicon cap inside the mouth piece, so mine pools liquid inside the top cap. Until yesterday. I had an epiphany and decided to try something. I took the silicon cap and metal "lid" off of the head, flipped the "lid" over and replaced the silicon cap. now the stem of the lid goes through the cap and into the mouth piece, making it much more difficult for liquid to travel up and virtually eliminating the liquid in the mouth piece. Picture:
rvlz61.jpg

So far, no liquid in the mouth piece, and very, VERY little liquid around the reservoir in the cap.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Slim,
I've heard of this happening before with some other pvs. The air holes for the vivi nova are down under the base of the vivi on the pin. In some pvs, when the vivi is screwed on, the air holes are blocked by the pv because they go down into the pv when screwed on.
That's why an adapter is working - its lifting the vivi up high enough for the air holes to work.

Raising the centre pin on your pv was a temporary fix, but the centre pin has probably moved back down a bit again. The best fix I know of is to keep using an adapter.

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
The problem is electrical, it's not a venting issue. It's not that i'm not getting airflow, it is not firing at all. And now even with the adapter, it's hit and miss. I'm sure it has something to do with the center pin on the vivi, it seems to move freely. as far as i can tell, it has a single gasket close to the 510 connection and that's all that's holding it.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Epoxy (like JB Weld) is an insulator.... ;)

Of course, you'd have to make sure there's an air path (but maybe it's through the center anyway). So if the grommet is not holding the center tube in place, maybe you can gorp it up.

Of course, if you have to go buy the epoxy you're 1/3 to 1/2 way to a new V.N. And you'd have to find a way to rig the center post to stick out slightly while the epoxy dries.

I've not had center post problems with them yet (Knocks on wood)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread