Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I don't understand the massive OMG reaction to this warranty
I look at the provari warranty
What is not covered:
This warranty does not cover the atomizer, batteries, charger, tips or any other accessories, only the device itself..

The warranty does not cover improper or unreasonable use; failure to follow operating instructions; accidents, excess moisture, lightning, power surges, connections to improper voltage supply/batteries, unauthorized alteration or modification of original condition; loss of or damage to the vaporizer or its internal components. Cross threading the end caps is not covered.

This warranty is actually more restrictive than volcano's and could, if they so interpreted it, protect them from almost all common electrical failures (moisture and power surges) plus the blanket coverage of unreasonable use is even more vague.

RudestBuddhist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Rochester, NY
I don't understand the massive OMG reaction to this warranty
I look at the provari warranty
What is not covered:

This warranty is actually more restrictive than volcano's and could, if they so interpreted it, protect them from almost all common electrical failures (moisture and power surges) plus the blanket coverage of unreasonable use is even more vague.

The ProVari warranty restrictions are reasonable IMO as people will do a lot of stupid crap. Basically, if you cause physical or liquid damage to the device, it's not covered. The LavaTube warranty that was previously stated is more like a camera company saying you can only use their film that they make and they sell. If you don't have constant receipts proving that you bought their products, your warranty is invalid. That sounds like its in place to generate more money and nothing else.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I looked into a mechanical mod that was on an amazing sale over the holiday. They did not offer repairs or refunds. I walked - will only deal with vendors who will support their products. Haven't looked into Lava as I'm good on vv devices but have needed repairs and have had great support. I do not want to purchase anything that may resemble a paperweight if something goes wrong.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Volcano is no longer the sole distributor, right? I thought they got cornholioed by the chinese......
popcorn2.gif
popcorn2.gif
popcorn2.gif

Still, it was nice that Volcano responded to the public quickly, faster than say, a nic vendor!!!:lol::lol::lol:

You are so irascable, GK, but I like your advocating....:thumb:

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    yea...well...sure that is the THEORY but you should have seen my first time using a 306....:vapor:

Um, did you attempt to use it without a 306 drip tip or cartridges? :blink:

So, Volcano is the only place to get the Lava Tube if you live in the U.S.?

eta...holy cow. I just looked it up on you tube to see what it looked like. ITS HUGE!

Volcano is supposed to have exclusive rights to U.S. sales. Companies outside the U.S. are not supposed to sell it to U.S. customers.

The device is about the size of a large cigar. Unless you have doll hands like that funny lady with the big forehead on Saturday Night Live, it should fit in your hand nicely. ;)

phishhed27

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2011
    Berwyn/Chi-Town.Il.
    Im posting this in all the lavatube threads,so if houve read it,move on to the next post:

This is MY opinion.....
    I just received my lavatube today....first I thought as i took it out of the oackaging,wow this is pretty nice.
    Then as I was inserting the battery,the plastic battery cap came RIGHT OFF the aluminum bottom piece that holds the spring.
    My second thought...you get what you pay for,you can tell its a mass produced chinese mod...but with some superglue,i reattached the plastic bottom to the aluminum spring housing.
    Ok then I tried to see if an AW 18650 battery would fit...neither the button topped one would fit,neither would the flat top AW 2900Mah...it would fit either battery...so I just slipped a black oring over the bottom cap to act as a spacer,and both AW 18650 batts then fit...and you cant even see the oring cuz everythings black.(I opted to use the 2900mah flat top for longer life)
    Theni I threw on a jtank with a boge SR 3ohm carto...and started vaping away....except for the loose jiggly voltage control buttons,it seems like a pretty solid build.
    I have to say that I REALLY like it,and its WAY lighter than the Provari...but its pretty long,with either an atty,carto,or tank,becuz it houses an 18650 battery.
    If they were gonna copy the provari...they should of done the same bottom cap design...that if you want to use a bigger battery,you buy an extension battery cap(it woulda been more revenue for the company too by having an accessory to sell).
    I prefer using my chrome provari in it 18500 mode cuz it shortens the overall length once youve put on a tank or whatever yer gonna use.

Ok now the provari...its DEFINITELY a better made PV...once you hold it in yer hand,youll feel the difference RIGHT AWAY.
    Its made from SS instead of thinner Aluminum,so its gonna last ALOT longer most likely....BUT,because it SS it alot heavier,so it may not be the most pocket friendly PV....but the Lavatube tho being much lighter,its longer,so it may not be the BEST either...so both have their drawbacks to being a all day pocket carrying device...but thats personal preferance.
    So all in all,the Lavatube IS worth the money...you cant beat $63 shipped for a VV tube mod,and under $90 shipped for the whole it(battery,atty,charger,case)
    BUT,if you only want to buy ONE,the old saying rings true...."buy the best that you afford right from the start" cuz when you buy cheap,itll just end up making you want more...and even tho the provari makes you cycle thru the menu(which becomes second nature within yer first few uses),it offers more functions that the Lavatube doesnt...and the Provaris fit and finish is WAY better(like they say,and I said b4,you get what you pay for).

So,if you can afford it,I say stick with the tried and true provari(the lavatube is still too new to know its durability...if its like every other china cheapy,im sure itll break eventually,like a wires solder point breaking,or something similar).
    Ya cant go wrong with the provari cuz you have any problems with it,you have somewhere to call,you can just send it in for repairs,I serioiusy doubt the lavatube would be worth fixing if it broke...its kinda along the mentality of,what do you do with yer 510/901/801/ego batts when they stop working? Ya toss em....thats pretty much how i feel about the lavatube(and im sure the manufacturers think that too,thats why itso pricing is right along the line of an ego kit,maybe a LIL more,but PRETTY much in the same price range)
    I saw what the lavatubes sell for in bulk,about $35,so im sure you can get the idea of what the internals look like,and how sturdy theyre put together.

I WILL be keeping my lavatube,even tho I own a provari....cuz if I left the house,and I wanted a VV tube mod,id grab the lavatube without thinking twice about it cuz it was so.cheap,i could care less if I drop it or if it gets a lil beat up(or worse,I lost it or somebody stole it)..i would be ...... if anything happend to my provari.

So there it is...now the choice is up to you which one to buy.GLWP,youll be happy wither EITHER device...really.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Um, did you attempt to use it without a 306 drip tip or cartridges? :blink:

Volcano is supposed to have exclusive rights to U.S. sales. Companies outside the U.S. are not supposed to sell it to U.S. customers.

The device is about the size of a large cigar. Unless you have doll hands like that funny lady with the big forehead on Saturday Night Live, it should fit in your hand nicely. ;)

Vendors outside the US cannot ship a L-rider VV mod labeled as a Lavatube..... Knight Rider, Thunderbolt, L-rider VV Mod, etc can be shipped to the US....

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2011
    Pacific North West
    That's pretty funny. :laugh:

So, you can always shop around if you don't want a "genuine" Lava Tube. :rolleyes:

Pretty much.... Except the "genuine" ones come with an AW IMR and Trustfire tr-001 charger, a real vent hole, and the threads are cleaned up on the end cap... Add on an extra batt to qualify for free shipping... Then use a discount code and it is still just $100... Plus a 1 year warranty....

Off subject Bob when ever I see your avatar makes me think you are always shouting and also you sound like Gilbert Godfrey for some damn reason...lmao... No offense intended BTW....

Roidrage

Jul 20, 2011
    Manila
    I already own several PV's. My latest purchase was an SS GGTS with UFS3. I'm happy with it and with the rest of my collection and now I want to try VV mods. I had the ProVari in mind, but if the LavaTube is as good as what I've read here, I guess I'll get a LavaTube first. This will buy me time to raise the money and experience VV vaping before I get a ProVari. I'll need more than 2 VV mods anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread