Not open for further replies.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Well I'm not SUPPOSED to vape all the time but I do anyway. Right now I'm using two eGo batteries (650 mah) and I've got ultimate ce2's on them both. I'd say while at work I go through about 2ml. This includes the drive home. I see your mini there has 700 mah and the standard has a whopping 2600 mah. Let me ask you this, on the puresmoker site I see that the dimensions for the mini and standard appear the same. I don't understand this. Can you ball park the size difference?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Thanks for bringing that to my attention jbank! Need to update the mini page. Give me a few minutes .....

In the meantime, here's a picture of the size difference:

d1192ee9.jpg

lalasalama8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
north carolina coast
I was having this same issue with a Legacy I purchased off the classifieds..it was a little different in that I was having no problems at all with firing while using just a straight 18650, but with the kick, it was stop start stop start..I assumed it was some issue with the ground spring on the kick, maybe fitting into the threads and not making consistent contact, and like the OP, the kick would work flawlessly in other devices. I ran across this thread, thoroughly cleaned the switch (which didn't look dirty at all), noaloxed the hex shaft, and Voila'!!..problem solved..fires flawlessly every single time. I have a SS Jonboy Lavatank on this Legacy and boyoboy does she look sweet.

may I also add how impressed I am as to the heft and quality of the Legacy..truly a beautiful mod..

Bfly

Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Chicago
Well I need to chime in on this thread seeing it is about the LEGACY. I bought one when it is working it works great. The issue I have is the lock button wheel gets jammed up when locking it. I have found the the issue that is causing this is the hex shaft is to long and the threading on the button and wheel is to short. So this ends up coming of the thread and jamming up the wheel on the button thread on the shaft when locking.
I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Wheel=nut for lack of a better term.

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Well I need to chime in on this thread seeing it is about the LEGACY. I bought one when it is working it works great. The issue I have is the lock button wheel gets jammed up when locking it. I have found the the issue that is causing this is the hex shaft is to long and the threading on the button and wheel is to short. So this ends up coming of the thread and jamming up the wheel on the button thread on the shaft when locking.
I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Wheel=nut for lack of a better term.

Did you make sure to put your metal spacing washers behind the black plastic piece before putting the screw in so that they're between the button mechanism and the black plastic spring holder/screw?

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Just wanted to chime in that I was having the exact same problems as antism. I gave the entire switch assembly a thorough cleaning and my Legacy/Kick started hitting like a freight train again.

I've managed to avoid the need for Noalox for the last 2.5 years, but this setup seems more sensitive to gunk build up than my other PVs. I guess it's finally time to get a bottle and follow the other recommendations in this thread.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
I went hunting for something about this...fixed mine as well. I was getting frustrated after a few weeks but it seams like it is working much better now. Now it is taking the battery from 4.2 to 3.3 -- before it was cutting out at 3.6.

Thanks!

Antism ...

How was the KICK & Legacy at the start? Or is this the start?

If its always been underperforming, you may be looking at a dirty grounding ... Take your switch on the LEGACY apart, and fully clean it. Wipe it down real well, apply some NOALOX on the hex shaft if you have some handy, and give that a shot.

Otherwise - We really haven't seen many issues with the LEGACY & KICK yet :)

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
I went hunting for something about this...fixed mine as well. I was getting frustrated after a few weeks but it seams like it is working much better now. Now it is taking the battery from 4.2 to 3.3 -- before it was cutting out at 3.6.

Thanks!

Well now I'm going to have to try doing that too! I've had no firing issues, but I've been getting frustrated and using my Z-Max v2 more lately because, like you, my Kick has been cutting out around 3.6v instead of 3.3v, but I assumed that was the Kick doing that as an overly cautious built-in cutoff to not drain the battery down too far and not the Legacy since I had no other issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread