Local Chapters of Electronic Cigarette Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I just spent a lot of time searching for local chapters of Electronic Cigarette Groups or associations in my state and city areas. ( I'm in the USA)

There are none that I can find!

Even though I'm just now about to actually buy my first starter kit, I have been reading about e-cigs for the past 2 years and have had friends who use them. I have from first hearing about e-cigs researched health information about them and have agreed that this was The Product smokers everywhere had been waiting for.

Now that I'm about to become a Vaper I thought I'd get more involved with helping to spread the news about e-cigs benefits. I am shocked to find there are no state or otherwise local chapters for e-cig groups !

I propose local (state and city) chapters are needed. We could organize events to help educate people, companies and state and city agencies about the benefits of tobacco smokers switching to E-cigarettes or Personal vaporizers.

If we had such chapters active and growing in every state, major (or minor) U.S. city this would greatly help to educate the government agencies to KNOW that this is something smoking consumers want. If enough of the American people want e-cigarettes they will not be able to stop the sales. (I know I am preaching to the choir.)

I'm thinking about creating my cities first Electronic Cigarette Association.

I propose each local chapter be true to The Truth and act accordingly.

What do you guys think?

If you start a local chapter either for your Country, State or City please post it here.

Last edited:

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
I just spent a lot of time searching for local chapters of Electronic Cigarette Groups or associations in my state and city areas. ( I'm in the USA)

There are none that I can find!

Even though I'm just now about to actually buy my first starter kit, I have been reading about e-cigs for the past 2 years and have had friends who use them. I have from first hearing about e-cigs researched health information about them and have agreed that this was The Product smokers everywhere had been waiting for.

Now that I'm about to become a Vaper I thought I'd get more involved with helping to spread the news about e-cigs benefits. I am shocked to find there are no state or otherwise local chapters for e-cig groups !

I propose local (state and city) chapters are needed. We could organize events to help educate people, companies and state and city agencies about the benefits of tobacco smokers switching to E-cigarettes or Personal vaporizers.

If we had such chapters active and growing in every state, major (or minor) U.S. city this would greatly help to educate the government agencies to KNOW that this is something smoking consumers want. If enough of the American people want e-cigarettes they will not be able to stop the sales. (I know I am preaching to the choir.)

I'm thinking about creating my cities first Electronic Cigarette Association.

I propose each local chapter be true to The Truth and act accordingly.

What do you guys think?

If you start a local chapter either for your Country, State or City please post it here.

ECA? PVA? Might want to go with PVA not a bad idea if you are willing to put forth the time and effort....

you might look into the CASAA though they might have local chapters. I haven't checked for that I just try to keep up with their news and help where I can.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
ECA has been disbanded. They were only for manufacturers not individuals. CASAA is interesting but they don't seem to have state and city chapters either. PVA I haven't heard about - I assume it stands for Personal Vaporizer Association?

I have started building my website for the, New Orleans Electronic Cigarette Association.

(no one else was doing it so I jumped on it) I will update this post when it's online. I plan to post information about it in local forums and gather interested persons. This "NOECA" will serve the Greater New Orleans Area which includes the New Orleans, Metairie and Kenner areas.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
As far as having CASAA having local chapters, that is what the CASAA members and Regional Reps are supposed to serve as in their area, until we get enough members involved to form chapters. CASAA has 2 Regional Representatives in Louisiana - one in New Orleans and one covering the Hammond/Covington/Mandeville/Ponchatoula/Slidell/Lake Ponchatrain areas. I can put you in touch with them.

Rather than fracturing and having multiple organizations trying to do the same thing, maybe consider joining CASAA, serving as a Regional Rep and help get more people to join and participate, so we can act as one force to be reckoned with? You are exactly the kind of person we are looking for to be a Regional Rep - someone with incentive and initiative - and an ideal candidate to start a local CASAA chapter. Consider attending a CASAA meeting.

CASAA fully expects to have local chapters in every city and state - even internationally - but we need more people to join and step up to the task! :) There is nothing more that CASAA would like than to have local members ready, willing and able to fight for vaping!

Please PM me - we would be very interested in someone willing to get the first CASAA local chapters set up!

Kristin
Secretary of Directors, CASAA

Last edited:

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
As far as having CASAA having local chapters, that is what the CASAA members and Regional Reps are supposed to serve as in their area, until we get enough members involved to form chapters. CASAA has 2 Regional Representatives in Louisiana - one in New Orleans and one covering the Hammond/Covington/Mandeville/Ponchatoula/Slidell/Lake Ponchatrain areas. I can put you in touch with them.

Rather than fracturing and having multiple organizations trying to do the same thing, maybe consider joining CASAA, serving as a Regional Rep and help get more people to join and participate, so we can act as one force to be reckoned with? You are exactly the kind of person we are looking for to be a Regional Rep - someone with incentive and initiative - and an ideal candidate to start a local CASAA chapter. Consider attending a CASAA meeting.

CASAA fully expects to have local chapters in every city and state - even internationally - but we need more people to join and step up to the task! :) There is nothing more that CASAA would like than to have local members ready, willing and able to fight for vaping!

Please PM me - we would be very interested in someone willing to get the first CASAA local chapters set up!

Kristin
Secretary of Directors, CASAA

Thank you for the information about your local CASAA members. I must have missed it while looking at your website. I will message you for more information.

I do think I will continue to build my New Orleans Electronic Cigarette Association website. I am going to put it up under my other group umbrella called NOCIG - New Orleans Cessation Information Group.

I will contact you for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread