Logan Airport Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rationality

Mar 6, 2010
Boston
Since I've seen a few others from Boston around (and can't post in the main travel forum yet) I was wondering about this. I know people in that subforum said that most people haven't had problems with their ecigs and airport security aside from having to explain what it is, but since I'm traveling soon and I know Logan can be extra paranoid (considering the whole.. 9/11 planes leaving from there and all), has anyone attempted to go through security with an ecig? Any problems? If I vape on the plane it will likely do it in the bathroom, so I'm not too concerned about doing it openly, I just don't want it confiscated or to have to check in my bag because of it.

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
Since I've seen a few others from Boston around (and can't post in the main travel forum yet) I was wondering about this. I know people in that subforum said that most people haven't had problems with their ecigs and airport security aside from having to explain what it is, but since I'm traveling soon and I know Logan can be extra paranoid (considering the whole.. 9/11 planes leaving from there and all), has anyone attempted to go through security with an ecig? Any problems? If I vape on the plane it will likely do it in the bathroom, so I'm not too concerned about doing it openly, I just don't want it confiscated or to have to check in my bag because of it.

Im not sure about logan airport as I havent been through that one?

but..

Ive flown to paris france, to Hawaii, to the Bahamas, to Cancun, to miami, south carolina, north carolina, to las vegas, and so far i havent had any issues with my ecig going through security?

devnull71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2010
San Mateo, CA
I just flew from San Francisco to Vegas and back, no problems running my e-cig through security. I didn't try vaping in public view or on the plane, didn't want to have to explain myself to an air marshal. I did manage to get a few stealth puffs in while hiding in the terminal bathroom stall when the flight was delayed. YMMV.

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
Hmmm... I know what you mean about Logan. I would suggest investing in some sort of case where everything is laid out nice and neat and taken apart. Take it out of your carryon and put it in one of those lovely plastic tubs. They might ask you about it, but you can just tell them that it's a nicotine inhaling device used to help you quit smoking. I would also suggest that if you use refillable carts, that the cart you're passing through security has no liquid in it. I would imagine you could treat it like any other electronic device, sans the liquid, and it would not be a huge deal. I think liquid in the cart would probably attract more attention than the device itself.

Just my $.02 as a fellow Bostonian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread