Longevity of Soft Touch Titan Finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
SiL had a magenta that must of just been "bad" cause it began peeling within the first couple weeks. All of mine (ahem) are pretty as the day I got them! That includes the ones I bought when soft touches were first released.

Interesting SAG, the one that's peeling is a magenta. The rest of mine are just fine. One cigar finish one came with a small ding in it, but it never got worse. Overall I'm pretty impressed with their durability.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
Quick note of caution:

I was cleaning a handful of titan manuals recently. I put 190proof (95%) ethanol ("Everclear") into a shot glass; just enough to cover the threads on a battery and set them in there for a minute or two... then using a brush to clean one, letting the others soak for as long as that took, and so on until all were done. ONE of the batts almost immediately began to delaminate the velvet/satin coating to reveal a standard glossy finish. That was a blue camo stealth. The others did just fine with even longer exposures to ethanol. They were: olive, cigar, and red camo. I don't think its a matter of production batches, or underlying color that made that blue camo suffer. Its probably just a minor flaw in the finish at the thread-joint that allowed ethanol to get under it.... which any of the others COULD have had, but didnt. So, test each one individually and limit exposure on all of them.

Of course the vapor KING (standard diamond, non velvet) batts showed no signs of damage.

blight231

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Oregon
Ive used all the batts up until this point. I really like the " soft touch " finish. I can't say it's perfect ( what is ) but it's alot better then the crappy lead paint on the other ones. I can also get a much better grip on it ! I dont expect perfection from a device that is on me constantly and gets dropped a few times a day and rests in a key filled pocket and tossed around. The best batt so far in my opinion. ( Now if i could only keep from losing them within 3 months ):oops:

bjfgator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Nutter Fort, WV
I had an unusual thing happen to me. Before I went on vacation I rec'd an order but they had shipped the wrong batt. When I got back the correct battery was there but I didn't try to use it until Thursday. It wouldn't draw so I put it back in my bag for when I had time to look at it. Friday evening I took it out thinking it might need a post adjustment or charging. It was fully charged so I looked at the post, adjusted it and tried to draw again. I thought perhaps the holes were clogged but when I looked there were no holes at all in the threaded portion! I sent CS a message today and am awaiting further instructions. Until then, I will just look at the beautiful soft blue color and sigh....:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread