Looking for a quick answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthBombing

Dec 13, 2013
Canada
Hi guys so I just bought a vision vv spinner 1300mah the fat version anyways I currently have a kanger unitank (single coil ) & a kanger protank 3 ( dual coil ). I find that if I vape the unitank with a 2.2 ohm @ 3.8 - 4.3 I can hear it fire right away and it gives an excellent vape but if I use the pt3 @ 2.0 ohm @ the same voltage it take about 3 seconds before I can hear it fire and it's not a good vape I find I have to crank it up to 4.8 it get near the same vape and the atomizer gets really hot. Is that normal ? Should I not be using a dual coil on the spinner or do I need something like 6 volts to get the same vape. I'm confused

thanks

How would an xjet do on a spinner ?

Rosco P. Coltrane

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
USA
That is normal. I find the Pt3 performs better with higher volts, but it is also kinda finicky. Some heads are just plain crap. I found that out of a 5 pack of Pt3 coils at least two were worthless and would leak or flood and just be a constant hassle.

You can use that spinner with the pt3 without issue, but that tank does seem to be hit or miss at times. When it is working, it does great, and you should be able to crank the volts all the way up without burning. If you can't do that try changing out the coil and see if that make any difference. Also make sure the 510 connection is nice and clean, if it gets gunked up with juice it tend to not make a good connection and not fire correctly.

Post a link to the xjet....never seen that one before

Last edited:

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
The dual coils measuring @ 2Ω are actually two 4Ω coils. Dual coils measure out to half the resistance of the two coils combined.

Though the electricity has less resistance in it's circuit path (two paths) there is still the physics that there are two higher resistance coils that need to heat up. You'd have a similar experience with a single 4Ω coil. You'd have to supply more volts and it would take longer to heat up.

The idea behind dual coils is that it's like "vaping two devices at once, so twice the vapor." This really only works in practice with an RDA and proper airflow to each individual coil.

I think the dual coil clearomizers are pretty flawed, in that one coil is blocking the airflow to another, and it's mostly there as a trendy marketing thing. Sure it may make a difference if you jack your volts up, but it's kind of moot and inefficient.

Schwiggiddy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Kentucky, USA
It's getting obvious that the replacement coil head of Kanger Protanks and Evod have been inconsistant lately. There's threads all over ECF and the rest of the internet about this.

I agree. Your 2.0 Ohm coil could in fact be higher Ohm, or just built completely wrong with what is begging to seem like ZERO QC.

I LOVE my T3S and PT2 WHEN THEY WORK. When they don't it can be messy. I prefer the heads with 3 levels of thread (like I get from Smok for Trophy Tanks) to the 2 levels of thread that is standard for the T3S.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
It's getting obvious that the replacement coil head of Kanger Protanks and Evod have been inconsistant lately. There's threads all over ECF and the rest of the internet about this.

I agree. Your 2.0 Ohm coil could in fact be higher Ohm, or just built completely wrong with what is begging to seem like ZERO QC.

I LOVE my T3S and PT2 WHEN THEY WORK. When they don't it can be messy. I prefer the heads with 3 levels of thread (like I get from Smok for Trophy Tanks) to the 2 levels of thread that is standard for the T3S.

If one of those coils snapped or popped, the head would still work; only now as a single coil @ 4Ω. Crappy QC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread