Looking to buy first battery mod! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyapd21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
New York
Ok guys, I'm in the market to buy my first battery mod. I don't have enough money to buy multiple mods so I have to make sure I purchase the right one. I've been doing a lot of research and I think I've narrowed it down to a few mods. Here are a few requirements of my mod.

1. Can fit in my pocket
2. Battery will last all day
3. 510 connection type
4. Around $100 give or take
5. Want to be able to use a tank system with it e.g. DCT Map tank

I've kind of been looking at the BB from Altsmoke but the battery is kind of small and it will only vape at 3.7 volts. I was also looking at the Silver Bullet because of it's versatility at 3.7v or 6v, but the size is a little bigger than I would like but some people say it is pocketable. The other consideration was the GLV2 5volt but I'm not sure how the tanks would fit on them because the connection is off to the side. Does anyone have any other considerations or opinions on the mods I've talked about? I would really like some input from experienced vapers! Thanks guys, this forum is very useful and every is so willing to help out a newbie.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I would not go 5v - that will really limit what cartomizers and atomizers you can use. I recommend variable voltage that includes everything from 3.7 to 5v if you want 5v

And what do you mean by all day - all day at work? All day and all evening? 24 hours? We don't know how much you vape. That may not be possible, especially if you vape a lot and are looking for heat and will use very low resistance attys/cartos vs the voltage. With what you are vaping now, how many mah of battery charge do you go through in whatever you mean by a "day" and how much hotter than that do you plan to vape?

And if you only want to spend $100 then you have to subtract the cost of charger and probably 4 batteries (pair and a spare pair) if you have VV or 5V.

Mods database
Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database

Last edited:

reprisal

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
South Carolina
The infinity pro from notcigs.com is coming out on September 5th, 1100mah battery, variable voltage, its pretty slim as well but a bit long, definitely pocketable imo. Buzzkill said the price should be around $120 with charger and batteries. IDK if thats before or after the 7.5% off coupon code (forget what the code is, I think it might be "ECF Buzzkill").

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I would not go 5v - that will really limit what cartomizers and atomizers you can use. I recommend variable voltage that includes everything from 3.7 to 5v if you want 5v.......

Definitely disagree!!! I use tanks and dual coil cartos on my 5 volt PV's all the time with no problems. In fact, it's great. And once you move to 5 volt vaping, you don't need to fool with LR attys but can stay with the regular resistence which hold up much better or use dual coil cartos, also.

I also use a variable volt, but it's not in your price range (Darwin). VV's are a good option but not the only one.

Probably the best 5 volt PV on the market is the GLV2. It comes with a lifetime warranty and the supplier is well supported on ECF. It's a little over $100. I would check it out and ask about it here on ECF. You will see by the responses what I mean:

5 volt GLV 2: GLV-2 Electronic Cigarette [GLV-2] - $110.00 : Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Check out Ken's Box Mods for VV for under $100 Big Daddy Vari-Cool

Madvapes is another good place for inexpensive mods. He has a VV for $35 but is always out of stock. Variable Voltage Box Mod

I have a 5v and love it. I can use duel coils and tanks on it but VV is really the way to go and where you probably will end up down the road. You can adjust the voltage for the best flavor. I'll be getting one very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread