looking to purchase a vamo next week. need suggestions on setups please

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
I live in la habra bro. it's by buena park. la Palma is by cypress correct? and thanks for ur input. but what's the difference between unprotected and a protected battery?
Protected batteries have internal "protection" against shorting, while unprotected does not. The Vamo already has internal protection circuitry and is why unprotected IMR batteries are recommended. Also note that protected batteries may be longer in length than unprotected and may cause a fit issue in mods. You need to investigate prior to purchasing any protected batteries you're thinking of.

Vamo has a sub forum here on ECF and THIS thread is the battery thread. Would be good to read through it.

In regards to how the Vamo works with dual-coil and single coil carts, you might want to read THIS where I explain a little about it in VW mode.

drifter17x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Orange County CA
I agree with that lol.so ur suggesting I purchase only the unprotected.ok so four brand new 18650 Panasonic batts for twenty bucks is a good deal right?

Protected battery has a cutoff for a certain amperage, kind of like a circuit breaker in your house. Turn too much stuff on in the kitchen and boom, it all goes dark. Protected batteries also have a higher capacity typically.

Unprotected lack that circuitry and typically have lower capacity due to being able to drain more rapidly.

The Vamo has its own protection circuitry and needs to draw more amperage for variable voltage/wattage than a protected battery can handle. I believe it limits itself to a 5amp draw on the batteries, and the Panasonics are limited to 10amps. They have a bit more capacity than the AW IMR batteries and can still push enough power to the Vamo.

Edit: As far as punching carts goes, it's not that hard no. The easiest method is to poke it into the tank until the threads are showing inside the glass and the bottom of the cart is flush with the inside of the top cap. Toss the puncher on and crank it down til it stops. When you push the cart the rest of the way through where it'll screw into your 510 connection the holes will be just near the inside edge of the bottom cap.

Why punch? Because I can never find the carts I like at the price I'm willing to pay unless I do it myself ;) Its all about the $$

Satava

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
In regards to how the Vamo works with dual-coil and single coil carts, you might want to read THIS where I explain a little about it in VW mode.

Good read! Thanks for posting that. Personally I just stick with Vari Wattage because the number saves after a battery swap whereas the voltage always resets to 3!

Satava

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I agree with that lol.so ur suggesting I purchase only the unprotected.ok so four brand new 18650 Panasonic batts for twenty bucks is a good deal right?

Wow. Thats a HELL of a deal. Where might I ask? I'll make sure they're the right ones for ya, that's a tad lower than I'd expect.

drifter17x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Orange County CA
on eBay. idk what page it would be on a comp. cuz I'm using their app. the list keeps going and going.like the energizer bunny. but Easter just passed and its a Panasonic battery were talking about. so I guess I shouldn't have used the energizer slogan. lol please excuse my corniness. but yeah I had to scroll pretty far down to

Wow. Thats a HELL of a deal. Where might I ask? I'll make sure they're the right ones for ya, that's a tad lower than I'd expect.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Personally, I think you should just go with either the unprotected Efest or AW IMR 18650's and worry about the Panasonic's later. You're just beginning on this Vamo road, and the Efest or AW's will last you a good long while before you need to replace them. They're cheap enough and they'll charge nicely in an XTAR or whatever charger you get. For all you know, the way the trend goes with ecig users, you'll replace the Vamo or use it less down the road when a different mod that may need a different battery enters your brain! Then again, this is just my opinion. ;-)

drifter17x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Orange County CA
well you have a great oppinion thank you for ur assistance man. wish I had someone to chill and vape with and teach me all I need to know

Personally, I think you should just go with either the unprotected Efest or AW IMR 18650's and worry about the Panasonic's later. You're just beginning on this Vamo road, and the Efest or AW's will last you a good long while before you need to replace them. They're cheap enough and they'll charge nicely in an XTAR or whatever charger you get. For all you know, the way the trend goes with ecig users, you'll replace the Vamo or use it less down the road when a different mod that may need a different battery enters your brain! Then again, this is just my opinion. ;-)

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
well you have a great oppinion thank you for ur assistance man. wish I had someone to chill and vape with and teach me all I need to know
I sometimes drop into E-cig City 2 in Hawaiian Gardens just to check things out. It's a little brick & motar store not too far from you (605 and Carson) and there are normally quite a few people there any time of the day. If you're in the area, drop by and you might find me there, although they won't know me by my forum name... or my real name, for that matter. I'm not a "regular" by any means. Still, the staff is friendly so you're sure to be welcome. They also have juice samples you can try, but be warned... they sell Provaris! Here's the address...

E-cig City 2
11811 Carson St
Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716

drifter17x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Orange County CA
lol thanks man. I appreciate it

I sometimes drop into E-cig City 2 in Hawaiian Gardens just to check things out. It's a little brick & motar store not too far from you (605 and Carson) and there are normally quite a few people there any time of the day. If you're in the area, drop by and you might find me there, although they won't know me by my forum name... or my real name, for that matter. I'm not a "regular" by any means. Still, the staff is friendly so you're sure to be welcome. They also have juice samples you can try, but be warned... they sell Provaris! Here's the address...

E-cig City 2
11811 Carson St
Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread