Looking to upgrade. Not sure where to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeebadeeb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
I've been vaping almost a year now, and am still using a variety of "entry level" hardware. I have 2 eGo batteries, an evod battery, a protank 2, protank 2 mini and an evod tank. I'm more than ready to make the jump to a high end battery but don't have much insight into the differences or even where to get them, as all my local stores carry the products I'm already using almost exclusively. I vape juices varying from 15-18mg and prefer tastier tanks that have less throat hit. Any helpful suggestions?

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Have you looked at variable voltage/wattage models? Something like a Provari, although cheaper models exist. There are always mechanical mods, but you need to be very careful with the batteries and buy good quality ones from reputable vendors.

You could go for less throat hit straight away by using lower nicotine levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTaste products are decent priced and are very good products. But like Lucky1384 said get a VV/VW.. and when or if you do. I found out for myself.... 3.7v and 8 watts is the sweet spot for a 2.o ohm tank. As far as tank for taste... Get a cartomizer glass tank which is a "filter". They also last longer thank silica wick tanks.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're doing well with just the eGo/evod setup. Regardless of where you land, I would absolutely recommend VV/VW as your next step. Sometimes simply bumping the voltage/wattage can make a so-so juice shine. Even though I've spent less time vaping, I know that I enjoy my V5 Vamo much more than my eGo batteries. I do have two twists as backups and they'll do in a pinch but, I've yet to pick them back up since I received my vapemail with my mod in it.

• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
I know folks talk about the Provari quite a bit but, consider this. Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape From what I understand, it's about 1/3 the price and performs just as well. I have one and love it! It's vv/vw, 2600mAh (battery lasts me about 2+ days), pass through (vape while charging), and several other features.

Good luck and Happy Vaping!! :vapor:

Zeebadeeb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
I've been looking around and reading and I think I'm interested in an iTaste VV. I've used one before (best rig I've used). I'd like to stay with a reasonably sized battery and the VV seems to have a lot of useful features (resistance check) as well as being compatible with many types of tanks. Also I would like to have the VW. Besides that, the price is nice, too. What's a good site to buy these on? I see innokin doesn't sell them on theirs...

Edit: The hardcore mod batteries just seem a little over the top for me, although please correct me if I'm wrong. I just prefer a li-ion's simplicity rather than having to remove batteries (not to mention buying them seperately). Passthrough is nice, too.

Last edited:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
Last edited:

thespawn078

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Honolulu, HI
www.facebook.com
If you're feeling adventurous, look up the Tesla. There's a great review video from e-cigreviews.com on YouTube and that definitely sold me. It has variable voltage, variable wattage, OLED screen, spring-loaded center pin, and uses 18650 flat-top batteries. Plus, it has 510 threads which will allow you to use pretty much any tank/cartomizers and it looks really aggressive to boot! I bought mine on eBay for around $52.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread