Not open for further replies.

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Hi all.
I've been vaping for about a year now but I'm a total newbie to DIY. I just purchased 1 dram LorAnn flavorings from ecigexpress to try making some myself. I bought four flavors(Almond Oil, Apricot, Coconut, Orange Natural), and I just found out a couple of these aren't soluble in water.

Almond Oil
Contains: Artificial flavoring.
Insoluble in water.

Apricot Flavor
Contains: Artificial Flavor, Propylene Glycol, Water, Alcohol,Red 40, Blue 1.
Soluble in water.
Not eligible to ship by air.
Rating: 1/5
Strength: ?%

Coconut Flavor
Contains: Artificial Flavor, Propylene Glycol.
Soluble in water.
Rating: 3.5/5
Strength: 25-30%

Orange Oil, Natural
Contains: Natural Orange Oil.
Insoluble in water.
Not eligible to ship by air.

So Almond Oil and Orange Natural flavors are not good candidates for DIY use?
I also bought some flavorless PG and VG that already have the nicotine strength I want. Should I just not use those two flavors, or has anyone tried those flavors? Any advice will be appreciated.

favor1

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
traveling about
I would be skeptical about orange oil because of the following info pulled of the wiki:

The limonene which is the main component of the oil is a mild irritant, as it dissolves protective skin oils.

Limonene and its oxidation products are skin irritants, and limonene-1,2-oxide (formed by aerial oxidation) is a known skin sensitizer. Most reported cases of irritation have involved long-term industrial exposure to the pure compound, e.g. during degreasing or the preparation of paints. However a study of patients presenting dermatitis showed that 3% were sensitized to limonene.

Almond oil, on the other hand seems ok to use as none of the components of almond oil seem to be harmful or toxic. However, vaping is entirely different from eating, so the info may not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread