Losing Weight Vaping Flavors!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotNostril

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
Is anyone else losing weight?

I have! I've been vaping chocolate and vanilla...and all sorts of tasty flavors and by doing so I don't find myself eating those things.

If anyone knows of a person that can create a vape juice flavor that tastes like mashed potatoes with REAL butter and roast beef gravy let me know! I'm begging ya! I could be skinny by summer:)

kwkopecki

Mar 9, 2010
South TX
I havent seen a change in my weight but im hoping to gain weight. I lost 60lbs since i started smoking analogs. Maybe it was a change of meds also but to most people losing weight is a good thing...I hope i dont lose anymore though...hopefully they will come up with steak or spaghetti flavored eliquids like you said...maybe i should try the cola flavored because i seem to drink more soda now since ive been vaping...

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Basically, there are several factors at work when it comes to weight and vaping:
* If you stop smoking, your thyroid starts to work slightly slower for a bit, because there is something in analogs called Thiocyanate that puts it into a minor overdrive, which in turn tends to make you loose a bit of weight. No analogs -> no Thiocyanate -> potentially somewhat more weight for a while, until the thyroid works again properly.
* Nicotine lowers your appetite. If you get less nic from vaping -> more appetite. If you vape more than you smoked, nic-wise, -> less appetite.
* Both PG and VG are sweet, and most vapes, too, satisfy mere appetite alone, although of course not hunger. Often, less sweets and snacks, therefore.
* You should drink more when vaping, which many people do, too. Often leads to slightly less hunger.

Where are you getting your flavors? I just got choc and cappacino prefilled cartomizors from vaporkings that I am not really sure I like. I did also get vanilla flavor that I think is ok from them, but, not what I had hoped.

I have liquid on order from tasty vapor, but havent got it yet.

But yes, I am kind of hoping I will have the same reaction. If I can find a few flavors that I really like, I can easily see using this when I have a craving for a snack rather than the vending machine. Most of the time when i snack its not because Im hungry, but because I am bored and it tastes great.

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
Is anyone else losing weight?

I have! I've been vaping chocolate and vanilla...and all sorts of tasty flavors and by doing so I don't find myself eating those things.

If anyone knows of a person that can create a vape juice flavor that tastes like mashed potatoes with REAL butter and roast beef gravy let me know! I'm begging ya! I could be skinny by summer:)

Both my wife and I have lost a lot of weight! I only have a few more pounds to drop to get to my fighting weight. But, we also started weightwatchers about 2 weeks after we started using e-cigs, so it's not just the e-cigs.

Still, there's no doubt that they help out a lot.

Having a sweet vape or two handy is great for overcoming any snack cravings. Overall, we've found that we have a LOT more willpower (and energy) since we started vaping and quit smoking.

DeaninSJ

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
South Jersey/Philly area
Funny you should post this because, yes, I found myself losing weight, whether coincidentally or not, after I started vaping. Only been a couple of weeks and I find myself snacking less. That could be, for me, the novelty of vaping and the time I spend online researching or messing about with kits and storing stuff and all the fun little things attendant to vaping. It could also be that I am intaking more nicotine than previously which, as noted above, dulls my appetite.
Once this settles into a routine, I could easily find myself regaining.

Paraflier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Pierce County, WA
This had me wondering if you could use liquid smoke in a juice?... hmm

I had the same thought... Either Liquid Smoke, or maybe a diluted Worchester. Sauce? How about getting some Au Jus? You might need to knock it down a bit cause of the salt....

If I could vape beef gravy flavor? Oh boy.... Awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread