Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
Get the smallest samples possible before you spend a small fortune. For example, I used to love Boba's Bounty and Gorilla juice(from alien Visions), then revisited and didn't like it at all, now I'm going to order and give them a try again when they re-open. If you like cigars, try Want2Vape, their cigar flavors are really, really good. They have an Acid Blondie clone and a Tabak Especial that are great, can't remember the exact names but if you google, you shall find.

I don't wanna bog this thread down, but if you list some stuff you like, re: cigars, cigarettes, sweet, not sweet, we might be able to pin it down. Or pm me and I can help you out.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
You taste can also vary wildly. I discovered early on I loved peach and pear. I am now trying a honey dew melon and honestly atm I am kinda MEH on it. I don't dislike it but I am not wild about it. I tried a pina collada and hated it, it tasted like soap to me.

I am seriously thinking about mixing the honeydew with a bit of pear and see if I like it better ;)

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
I haven't actually tried them yet but just ordered a bunch of liquids from Gourmet Vapor. I don't really want the tobacco taste but I noticed that there were a ton of them on that site so you may want to check it out. Also, what's been really helpful for me in picking flavors is to view youtube videos. Just type in tobacco flavored ejuice or the like and I'm sure you'll get a bunch of hits. It helps to just watch someone actually trying something and giving their review. Good luck!!

slatronic

Apr 8, 2013
Georgia
I tried to find a tobacco flavor I liked when I first started 5 months ago. Tried some RY4 which is on the sweet side, something that was supposed to be like the analogs in the red box and straight tobacco flavor. Nothing I found compared to my favorite analog that I smoked for close to 20 years. I dont think I will ever find it. I have started to enjoy the sweeter flavors though. I also found the tobacco flavors killed my CE5's pretty fast. I've been enjoying coffee juices when I want a stronger flavor. For me going to a VV and RBA to get bigger clouds and throat hit has been working. Next I'm going to try a mech and low ohm's to see how that goes. Anything to stay off the analogs.

Annii

Apr 25, 2013
Sweden
I think the different menthol flavour is more like real tobacco taste than the other. Menthol is the only juice i can vape all dag without getting tired of it.
Some taste like real menthol cigs! I used to smoke marlboro red before and thats the only flavour i think taste most like the real ones. :) if your used to smoking analogs menthols they probobly Will not taste like you think. :)

CannedWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Seattle, WA. USA
I was never a menthol smoker and don't think I could puff on menthol all day as I had trouble smoking anything menthol analog wise. I guess I will just start doing a little shopping and poking around until I find my right mix.

Do check out the Natural Tobacco forum - there are a lot of reviews of NETs (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) that range from very strong pipe/cigar to much more mellow but, still very real tasting. There should be enough information there to at least point you in the right direction.

Lucy74

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
Michigan
When I first started vaping I was adamant about it tasting like a parliament light, I didn't know how or where to find something that would be close so I tried HHV’s legend, shadow and huntsmen. All three of them are really good, a couple of them are kinda nutty. Then I tried the fruit flavors and have been hooked ever since. Now all the juices I get are fruity.
So maybe get a couple of samples of different juices, don't just limit yourself to the tobacco flavors, you may be pleasantly surprised. I know I was. :)

CannedWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Seattle, WA. USA
Also if there is a flavor you truely hate don't force yourself to vape it. Last night I actually made myself ill vaping something that I wasn't liking just because I didn't want to throw it away. :p Yeah I am not always the sharpest tack in the box.

I've gotten close to that but, never quite made myself sick doing it. Regardless, VERY sound advice.

That looks to be to be a lotro avatar as well... :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I've gotten close to that but, never quite made myself sick doing it. Regardless, VERY sound advice.

That looks to be to be a lotro avatar as well... :)

Yep yep It my Elf character from LOTRO :)

Basically what happened was I got 2 juices from a particular vendor. At first I thought it was just the strange perfume taste that I didn't like in the first one. Then I tried the second one and it was 10 times worse. Inside of half an hour I was running a low grade fever and feeling like crap. Had a nap and I was fine but needless to say I am going to toss the juice as I wouldn't even feel good about passing it on to anyone.

CannedWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Seattle, WA. USA
Yep yep It my Elf character from LOTRO :)

Basically what happened was I got 2 juices from a particular vendor. At first I thought it was just the strange perfume taste that I didn't like in the first one. Then I tried the second one and it was 10 times worse. Inside of half an hour I was running a low grade fever and feeling like crap. Had a nap and I was fine but needless to say I am going to toss the juice as I wouldn't even feel good about passing it on to anyone.

Yea... dont do that to yourself again. ;)

nice - I played from closed beta until it went free to play. Definitely an enjoyable game :)

MaxS89

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Florida
Just placed an order. Got a few tobaccos that had good reviews,a fruit flavor and even one sweet one. Maybe I will find that tobacco vape I'm looking for. Or end up liking fruit or semi sweet vapes. Thanks for all the help guys and the motivation to try other juices, I know most if not all are former smokers and each day I vape (day 5 currently) I smoke less and less analogs and finding myself not really wanting that cigarette taste but just a good cigar or pipe tobacco.

Annii

Apr 25, 2013
Sweden
Just placed an order. Got a few tobaccos that had good reviews,a fruit flavor and even one sweet one. Maybe I will find that tobacco vape I'm looking for. Or end up liking fruit or semi sweet vapes. Thanks for all the help guys and the motivation to try other juices, I know most if not all are former smokers and each day I vape (day 5 currently) I smoke less and less analogs and finding myself not really wanting that cigarette taste but just a good cigar or pipe tobacco.

Thats great! Keep up the good work and I hope you find a taste that you really like! :)

MaxS89

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Florida
Just got my order from MBV and tried 2 of the 5 juices they sent me. They are now steeping and wow! What a difference already. I moved it down to a 50/50 blend and get much more vapor with a huge amount of flavor that im sure will get better once it steeps. A night and day difference then the cheap juices I've been vaping, with juices like this I now see how someone would just not want to pick up another analog and stick with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread