LR Cartomizers Burnt Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasbur

Feb 21, 2011
NJ, USA
I own a REO Mini and have only used regular 306's with it. They are what came with my wetbox, so I stuck with them. Now with the reo, I wanted to try LR cartos. I got some LR 510's from digitalciggz and I've tried 3 out of the box - but they all seem to have a heavy burnt taste to them. I've tried flooding the damn things and it still tastes burnt. Am I supposed to be doing something different for LR? Are they a cheap make from digitalciggz? Any input?
Thanks!

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
It's possible you already burnt the filler material in the carto. There's no way to get rid of that. Once it's burnt, the carto's toast.

I've been very happy with my Cisco 2ohm LR510 atty (not carto) from AvidVaper.com on my new REO Mini (been using it since Saturday). Once I got the hang of how much juice to feed, it's been working great. I came to the mini from an ego-t, so I wanted a cooler vape than a 1.5ohm would give. Now I need to buy several more :)

splitgrille

Jan 28, 2011
Santa Barbara CA
Two things:
-Make sure you keep the carto topped off. If you burn through the juice, you will torch the filler material ... and as toddos said, there's no way to get rid of that.
-You may be using poor-quality cartos. I cannot say one way or the other about your brand, but I use high-quality LR 510 Boge cartos (at 3.7v) and don't have any problems with them burning up.

jasbur

Feb 21, 2011
NJ, USA
Thank you both!
I let a fresh one soak overnight, and it seems to be working fine this morning. I haven't had to do that before.
I ordered the Boge cartos from avidvaper to see how I like them.
I've never used an atty before, but I do have one coming in that I ordered a few days ago. I hope I don't destroy it right away because of my lack of experience.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
jasbur, don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. I was using an eGo with Boge cartos when I switched to a REO. The very first day I burnt through a Cisco 510. Once I got the feel of how much juice to feed, I've been very happy with LR 306's. The REO plays well with cartos. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/161209-reo-grand-mini-can-run-cartomizers-too.html Get your post count up, and you can get all of your questions answered in the REO forum. Reos Mods

Ill 2nd this, good advice Mlinky

My 2c when i used cartos once the filling is burnt there is no way to fix it.

Cartos work well on the REO's but like with any mod using Cartos you need to keep them wet.

I only use Attys on my REO's but many are using cartos with good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread