LUC V4 problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryffandor

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
Dallas
I've been using a Nitecore I4 for well over a year with no problems. I now have too many batteries for 1 charger to handle. I did some net searches & found some great reviews on the LUC V4 so purchased one. I also got some more batteries (I seem to have a habit of doing that). Opened my new V4 & started charging 4 new 18650 high drain cells. After a few hours I noticed 1of the bays show 4.0v indicating it had stopped charging. The other 3 continued to charge to 4.2v. I removed them & tested all with a vom. The cells showing 4.2 were within .1v of that. The one that stopped charging at 4.0 really did read test 4.0v. This was with new Purple Efest 2500 18650, so I thought it might be a bad cell. I was charging at 1A. I then put in 4 new LG 18650 HE2 & set them to charge. Same thing happened but in a different bay than the first. This time it stopped charging at 4.1v & it also tested to be at 4.1v. I put it back in the charger but in a different bay. It immediately displayed 4.2v in this bay but continued to charge another 20 mins. before stopping & it tested at 4.2v. I contacted the vendor about this problem. He asked me to send him a picture of this condition happening. OK, I put in 4 MNKE 1500 18650 about 2 moths old. It did the same thing & I snapped a photo. Emailed it to the vendor who said "very strange, I'll send you another charger.". I can't find any complaints with that kind of customer service. 3 days later the new charger was delivered & I put in brand new Samsung 18650 25R. I'm sure your all guessing correctly, it did the same thing but with 2 bays terminating the charge at less than 4.2v. Once I removed them & placed them in a different bay they continued to charge to 4.2v. No, the bay's that stopped charging were random from one charge to the next on repeated testings? Anybody have a clue to what's going on???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread