Magnetic switch upgrade for MCV Panzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirReel

Nov 28, 2013
Keller, TX, USA
Here are the parts you'll need to setup a magnetic switch for the Panzer. Like the kit from TLC, you'll need 2 different sizes of magnets. I had hoped just using 2 of the thicker ones would work, but they are just a couple hundredths too think and won't let the pin push up high enough. But when paired with the others I had for a different mod, they work perfectly. You have to but them 10 at a time, but still less than $20 total and you'll have plenty of spare as ring magnets are notorious for breaking easily.

So you'll need 1 of these SuperMagnetMan Ring Magnet
and 2 of these
SuperMagnetMan Ring Magnet

No more worn out springs!

Update: just saw these and this will let you only need 1 size of magnets.

http://www.supermagnetman.net/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=2772

Use 4 and should be golden.

Last edited:

sprague67

Apr 3, 2014
Waterloo, IA
Finally received my magnets from Supermagnet man. These things are strong! I put one of the thick ones on and three of the thinner ones. I tried with two thin ones but didn't like the throw.

Just wondering if anyone could post some pics using the magnets from supermagnetman. I ordered the r1004 magnets and would like to see how to do this. It will be the first time doing a magnet conversion as I just recently purchased a Panzer and it is my first mech mod. I'm probably overthinking it, but any advice or instructions would be great. Thanks!

SirReel,
As you suggested I ordered the Ring Magnets [1mm thick OD 9.5mm x ID 6.35 mm : part # R1004] from SuperMagnetMan and recieved them in 3 days. They sent me 11 mags instead of the 10 which is their minimum order. They are extremely strong but also very fragil and somewhat difficult to separate easily without breaking. I broke two of them already. My Panzer mod switch now works like BUTTER; best advice I've had in a while. I'm only using 3 with one on the bottom & two on the top of the spring.I would recommend the conversion to everyone who owns one of these mods but it will set you back about 17 clams but well worth it. Also thanks for the Vid DJ Lunchbox.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
For the previous poster and anyone else who hasn't worked with magnets like these before...

They're extremely brittle and can break if you drop the mod and the shock hits the magnets just right. They'll break if you try pulling the magnets apart. You'll want to slide them apart sideways instead. Almost any switch will require you taking it apart from time to time. To make things easier, use a marker and color the top side of the magnets so you'll know which way they go when you reassemble.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread