making a good strawberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I have made a strawberry that smells great but when I vape it the flavor is flat, somewhat bitter. It's not perfumey its just not bright and light like it should be. I would like to know if there is anything I could add to make it pop better. These are my ingredients:3 ml batch
2.7 ml pg/vg mix
4 drops vanilla- I have tried different vanillas and still have the flatness in the berry. TPA, Bluemist french, Tw vanilla, DV
2-3 drops strawberry TPA
2 drops lemon TPA, TW
1 drop ez sweets
I have even tried strawberry and sweetener and still it is flat I thought about adding 1 drop sour. What does everyone else add to make a clean stawberry not really tart but fresh tasting. Totally wicked strawberry is not as flat but it is also more expensive and I am out so I dont really want to order from them again.

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
Have you ever tried FA Strawberry? I find this one to be just about the flavour you're looking for.

I prefer my strawberry to be a bit more tart so I use:
89% FA Strawberry
5% Marshmallow
5% Oba Oba
1% Magic Mask

However my friends like it a tad sweeter and a little less sharp:
78% FA Strawberry
10% Marshmallow
10% Oba Oba
2% Magic Mask

15-20% flavouring in the final juice mixture. Not sure how this will work with TPA flavourings though. I've been so happy with FA strawberry that I really haven't tried any other strawberries.

I'm keeping my fingers on the pulse of this thread. I've made some TPA strawberry and some TPA pineapple that have an almost musty taste. The longer they steep the worse it gets.

That's the issue I've been having with my TPA strawberry. It's great fresh, but making even 30ml at a time is too much because of the flavor by the time I reach the end

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
That's the issue I've been having with my TPA strawberry. It's great fresh, but making even 30ml at a time is too much because of the flavor by the time I reach the end
When I was deciding on whether or not I should DIY, I was comparing the cost of 30ml bottles to what it could theoretically cost me to make. I haven't even scratched the surface yet, because I'm still making small samples for testing. Nothing has come out with a good taste yet. In this process, I decided that I don't need to make 30ml bottles. I only bought them because it's more cost effective. 5 mls at a time is just fine. Maybe even 10, at the most.

BTW, am I thinking wrong that my butterscotch should taste like butterscotch without adding anything else? I mean, the bottle says "butterscotch".

Last edited:

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
Still need ideas. I have been playing over the last few days but still nothing that I like. I guess the next thing I would like to know what other brands of strawberry have a fresh or clean taste to them. Thanks for all the ideas i just haven t found one i like the taste of yet. When I upped the strawberry content and the bitter flat taste got worse.

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
It looks like you are making 3ml there.

Try upping to 5 drops of the TPA Strawberry, add just one drop of vanilla, throw in just one drop of an alcohol-type flavor such as a rum, whiskey or brandy, and 1-2 drops of a similar fruit such as cherry blossom.

Brit,

You have some really great ideas!
You influenced this:

5ml base 18mg nic
FA Cowboy 2 drops
TPA Black Cherry 2 drops
TPA Strawberry 2 drops
TPA Raspberry 2 drops
TPA Jamaican Rum 1 drop
TPA Vanilla 1 drop
TPA Cherry Blossom 1 drop

Believe it or not you can taste the individual berry flavors.
It is Berry Delicious!

Thanks for the great idea!

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread