May be stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
When I build with Kanthal I use 28G. I prefer nichrome for my drippers. It heats up faster and I seem to get better performance out of it. With KA1, I would probably use the 24 or 22G, 2.5 or 3mm ID and 6 or 8 wraps. It's going to be high resistance, but with higher wattage it will still fire pretty well. The surface area of your coil makes a big difference in your clouds. The more wire you have in contact with the wick, the more juice you can vaporize. Larger ID and more wraps makes bigger clouds as long as you have the power to fire it. 6 wraps 24G @ 3mm dual coil is around 0.3 ohms and should work pretty well, but will be a cool vape. It's all about personal preference though. Use steam engine to get an idea of what to expect before you start wrapping a coil. plug in different #'s and see where you want to be.

Clay Bungart

Jun 30, 2015
When I build with Kanthal I use 28G. I prefer nichrome for my drippers. It heats up faster and I seem to get better performance out of it. With KA1, I would probably use the 24 or 22G, 2.5 or 3mm ID and 6 or 8 wraps. It's going to be high resistance, but with higher wattage it will still fire pretty well. The surface area of your coil makes a big difference in your clouds. The more wire you have in contact with the wick, the more juice you can vaporize. Larger ID and more wraps makes bigger clouds as long as you have the power to fire it. 6 wraps 24G @ 3mm dual coil is around 0.3 ohms and should work pretty well, but will be a cool vape. It's all about personal preference though. Use steam engine to get an idea of what to expect before you start wrapping a coil. plug in different #'s and see where you want to be.
Thanks for the reply so use 3mm instead of 2.5mm (currently I'm using 2.5mms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread