Mechanical Mod help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

genevieve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Los Angeles
K, I'm getting ready to make my next purchase (researching like crazy). I LOVE the look of the small mechanical mods (Nemesis, Chi You, etc). Can someone please break it down for me tho, what exactly is the difference between a mechanical mod and electrical. I currently have a Vamo v2. I also intend to purchase a Provari mini, later if not now. But I am definitely getting an Igo-L, cuz I am eager to get into rebuildables. I just really need to know exactly what I am getting into with a "mechanical". Is the Provari a mechanical? Is my Vamo a mechanical once I turn the RMS mode off? If it's just a matter of regulation, and I'm not very interested in sub-ohm coils, what else can i look forward to in buying a mechanical mod?

Also, I am from L.A. and will be going to ECC. I've decided to hold onto any money I have until then and go nuts there (well, as nuts as i can - i don't have a LOT of money). Can someone tell me if this is wise, or if I would actually save some money buy purchasing online rather than at the meet?

Lastly, I've been trying to find the classifieds on the forums (a place where one of you may be selling your Nemesis), can someone tell me exactly where on this site i can find that info?

Thank you guys! Love you all :)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
a mechanical is just that, no electronics or wiring of any kind. the provari and vamo are regulated mods.
a regulated mod will run at the voltage you set from fresh battery to dead, 4 v is 4 volt.

with a mechanical there is no regulation, and the coils need to be built to run on an "open" battery. you will start out strong at 4.2 volt and the vapor will get weaker as the battery dies. if you build the coil correctly it will be a good vape for quite a while. once it dies off you change the battery.
the advantage is nothing to break. nothing to fail (a spring maybe) the down side is you dont get the same amount of vape time but i still go a day maybe a day and a half with a 1 ohm coil.

the actual vapor is different running straight from the battery as opposed to running through a regulated device hard to describe but its smoother.. the provari is pretty close to a mechanical vape wise because of the way they designed the circuit that supplies voltage.

I have found a few deals at vape meets but not many. i prefer to go online as there is usually the added support of the company that way. but somewhere with more B&M's or more aware people may be different.

You must be verified to even see the classifieds section, this is to prevent scammers from filling up the forums with worthless junk.

Last edited:

genevieve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Los Angeles
a mechanical is just that, no electronics or wiring of any kind. the provari and vamo are regulated mods.
a regulated mod will run at the voltage you set from fresh battery to dead, 4 v is 4 volt.

with a mechanical there is no regulation, and the coils need to be built to run on an "open" battery. you will start out strong at 4.2 volt and the vapor will get weaker as the battery dies. if you build the coil correctly it will be a good vape for quite a while. once it dies off you change the battery.
the advantage is nothing to break. nothing to fail (a spring maybe) the down side is you dont get the same amount of vape time but i still go a day maybe a day and a half with a 1 ohm coil.

the actual vapor is different running straight from the battery as opposed to running through a regulated device hard to describe but its smoother.. the provari is pretty close to a mechanical vape wise because of the way they designed the circuit that supplies voltage.

I have found a few deals at vape meets but not many. i prefer to go online as there is usually the added support of the company that way. but somewhere with more B&M's or more aware people may be different.

You must be verified to even see the classifieds section, this is to prevent scammers from filling up the forums with worthless junk.

So, if i run my vamo NOT in RMS mode, isn't it then unregulated?

genevieve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Los Angeles

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
So, if i run my vamo NOT in RMS mode, isn't it then unregulated?

no this is a just a less accurate way of regulating voltage, before rms there was average voltage and and like in math class to get an average number you need one too high and one too low. in AVG mode the vape will fluctuate a lot. some hits will be too strong others will seem weak. RMS means the voltage is the same every press of the button.

AVG was the first type of regulation and now almost all the mods use RMS mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread