Menthol crystals or menthol juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
I'm frustrated with menthol crystals. :( No accurate way to measure and every batch tastes different (as far as the menthol is concerned).

Thinking about getting some menthol flavoring from PA. Is all menthol juice made from menthol crystals? Will the menthol flavoring from PA taste like the crystals I have? Does a little of the menthol flavoring (PA) go a long way?

Thanks.

Personally I don't even like menthol so it's beginning to overpower every flavor in my mouth trying to mix just the right juice (that I can duplicate) for my GF.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Confused.

I got the crystals. Crushed them and put them in a small dripper bottle. Added a bit of PGA and then a little more until it was just enough to dissolve them.

Then I use the liquid. It has been pretty consistent for me.

It is quite strong and I use it like a spice... drop per 5ml or whatever I do for a particular recipe.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
For what it is worth....

I have stopped crushing the crystals into powder, and fill a 500ml bottle full of crystals and tap the bottle to settle/compact the cystals until I cannot get anymore in to it. Once it is full I begin adding PGA (Everclear) until all of the crystals are saturated and fill to the top with the PGA. Cap it, shake, and immerse it in hot water for 30 min. When I pull it out all of the crystals are dissolved and I have 500ml of concentrate (the same everytime), then use at 3-5%. This will work with smaller batches like a 10ml bottle. Just make sure you pack the bottle full and then add the PGA.
Hope this helps,
Dan

Yes.... I make a lot of juice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread