Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Here’s my review of 19 MFS(My Freedom Smokes) tobacco flavors. Big thanks to Chris for getting these to me.

I tested each flavor w/ a fully drained 401 atty (still my favorite atty for testing flavors). Unless otherwise noted, all flavors were 24mg. The higher ‘mg’ does color the flavor some, so ideally 0mg would’ve been best to get a true flavor read (I have tried some flavors where noted at lower ‘mg’ levels to give a comparison). With that in mind, if I say it’s ‘slightly sweet’, etc. it will probably be more so the lower you go down in ‘mg’ levels (a higher nicotine content may also hide a sweet taste).

In most cases, I found that that like color juices had similar qualities. I’ll lump them together in three basic categories: light color, medium color, and red color (it’d be nice to have a thumbnail photo of each flavor on the website maybe?).

I didn’t request any particular PG/VG ratio so they are what he makes w/o modification.

Let me know if you want me to revisit any of the flavors for more description and I will. Hope this helps!

Light color
Lucky Strike- Faint underlying sweetness but not overbearing. This one may be a good choice if you like a little sweet undertone w/ your tobacco vape.

Chesterfield- Nice analog like vape, may have a very slight sweet tinge but hardly detectable. I also detect a faint 'nutty' undertone. Good strong tobacco vape.

Peace- Strong/'ashy' flavor w/ a little sweet tinge (very little at that, may just be my hyper sensitivity to sweet).

555/State- Mild 'nutty' flavor. I've tried Dekang 555 in the past, this one was more mild but nice.

B&H- Strong/smoky, analog like. Another nice strong tobacco vape.

Camel- Noticeably less sweet/more kick @ 24mg, quite sweet @ 12mg. This one surprised me @ 24mg; quite a difference between the two 'mg' levels.

Ry4- Slightly (surprisingly) sweet, no caramel taste detected. I'm not a 'Ry' expert but have tried Dekang a while ago. This one surprised me w/ it's subtlety. I was expecting an in your face caramel taste. One may get that more w/ a lower 'mg' level.

Dunhill- Rich/smoky taste, more so at 24mg. This has been my main almost the whole time I've been vaping (almost 11 months now). I usually vape it @ 18mg. No sweetness @ either 'mg' level.

Medium color
Flue Cured- Sweet/smoky flavor. The sweet flavor is not overbearing although more evident @ 12mg.

DK-Tab- 'Musky'/sweet/complex flavor, very similar @ 12mg. While this wouldn't be my all day vape it does provide a unique multi-layered flavor. Very interesting...

Hilton- Fairly sweet undertone. I'm guessing it'd be quite sweet @ lower 'mg' levels.

Winston- Slight sweet tinge, classic tobacco taste. For those wanting a classic/sweet tobacco this is one to consider.

Dijarum- Black licorice/clove flavor. Having never smoked these I can't elaborate much more. I didn't expect to like it at all but to my surprise it was rather pleasant.

Havana- Robust, slight sweet/'honey' undertone. Nice strong tobacco vape w/ a touch of sweetness.

Lark- Robust, strong, analog like. Another strong analog like vape. This one gives you a chest hit!

Parliament- More smoky/ashy @ 24mg, slightly sweet (much more @ 12mg). Another good tobacco flavor w/ a touch of sweetness. While I'm not a fan of sweet tobacco flavors this one is more subtle @ 24mg.

Red color
Lamberti- Very sweet, 'Kool-aid' smell/taste. As noted above, I'm not a huge fan of sweet flavors, so these next ones will be sparse on the review.

Pall Mall- Slightly sweet/'cotton candy' flavor.

Caster- Similar to Pall Mall.

**Not tested w/ sampler: 234 Fatsal, Ark Royal, Cabin, Cigar, Cream, Davidoffl, ESSE, French Pipe, Garam, Menthol, Newport, Mild Seven, Peter Stuyvesant, Raison, Ry1,2,&3, Salem, Septwolves, Turkish blend, Marlboro, Tobacco (I've tried the last three in the past @ 12mg), Virginia slim, and Turbosmog.

Reactions: MisterVapes

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
A couple weeks late but I am curious. Do you straight lung inhale? Or into your mouth then lugs?
Mostly, how are the juices on a straight lung inhale. Trying to find an analogue replacement for my dad but he is a straight lung inhale and most of the juices 'burn' to him AKA PG tingle.

I inhale mouth to lung. I don't know if I could direct inhale, old habits are hard to break. What device and mg level is he using?

vincentk18

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
San Antonio
On a direct lung-inhale, I have found my Backwoods Brew Maple Tobacco to be the only juice that doesn't give that "PG tingle" (which is a term I'll be stealing, thanks :D )

No matter for me, though, since I have found a technique for mouth-inhaling that works great for me.

Also, if it's the PG that tingles, why not get him some 100% VG, or 80/20 vg/pg, and see if it works better for him?

I have heard glowing rave reviews about AVEJuice's Boba's Bounty juice (it's 100%vg).

There's even an official Boba's review thread somewhere here in the e-liquid review section.''

Edit; VaporRenu Apple Pancakes 100%pg doesn't give me that tingle either, by the way.

Last edited:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
To the OP: Was this just a huge sample order? What were the sizes of the samples and how much did it cost total for all those flavors?

These were 5ml samples. He sent me these to review. His regular sampler includes (6) 20 ml bottles for $50 although he may do smaller quantities if asked, not sure.

I'm rather monogamous w/ e juice and have used his from the get go, besides some Dekang. I must say, his juice has always been consistent and I've never had any that tasted bad, just some that I like more then others.

Last edited:

Ragman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2009
Hamlin, New York, USA
These were 5ml samples. He sent me these to review. His regular sampler includes (6) 20 ml bottles for $50 although he may do smaller quantities if asked, not sure.

I'm rather monogamous w/ e juice and have used his from the get go, besides some Dekang. I must say, his juice has always been consistent and I've never had any that tasted bad, just some that I like more then others.

Im jealous. I wish someone would send me a butload of stuff to review. I think I have excellent writing skilz.

Thanks for the review, may try some of that Dunhill.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Im jealous. I wish someone would send me a butload of stuff to review. I think I have excellent writing skilz.

Thanks for the review, may try some of that Dunhill.

Hah, I know. I've spent (and sent) a lot there but I appreciate him doing so. Appreciate the feedback and yes, Dunhill is my favorite although I've been going between Lark, Peace, Chesterfield, B&H and Lucky Strike lately. Might have a new favorite in there somewhere..

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
i tried a sample pack. mar-boro 24mg has a strong throat hit, jolly rancher pinapple 12mg tastes like medicine its kinda gross left my atty stained with aftertaste no matter what i drip afterward, coffee is ok... i really liked parliament, dk-tab, and the ry-3

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Northern California
Thanks for doing this write up! I have only bought unflavored nic from MFS and it is hands down CLEARLY the best!!!

I have been toying with the idea of a tobacco flavor to add to menthol and will definitely be getting the menthol and see first how that goes, and if I do add tobacco, I know that if it has anything near the quality of the unflavored, it will be the best too!!!

My guess is that it will be the Dunhill...

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Thanks for doing this write up! I have only bought unflavored nic from MFS and it is hands down CLEARLY the best!!!

I have been toying with the idea of a tobacco flavor to add to menthol and will definitely be getting the menthol and see first how that goes, and if I do add tobacco, I know that if it has anything near the quality of the unflavored, it will be the best too!!!

My guess is that it will be the Dunhill...

Thanks 'led', yes, Dunhill or if you want a really strong tobacco Lark would be good. Let me know if you need any clarification on the others but Dunhill is a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread