Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Heads up, Michigan: We need emails and phone calls to Governor Snyder asking him to sign Senate Bill 668, a commonsense ban on sales to minors.

CASAA has updated the Michigan Call to Action on SB 668 (CASAA: Call to Action! We need Michigan vapers to immediately contact Governor Rick Snyder's office and ask him to sign Senate Bill 668.).

Direct link to email campaign: Send a Message

Direct link to phone campaign: Call an Official

I'm sorry but; I think this is misguided. As altruistic and "common-sense" as you may think this is; I will not advocate for the passage of any anti-vaping regulations. ...period!

HMav

Aug 11, 2014
Melbourne, FL, United States
ruet, as much as I understand your position, part of this bill helps defines vapor products as "not tobacco" and shuts the door on any attempts to tax and regulate vapor products as cigarettes in MI.

As much as I agree that we should stand on principal that our rights should be free and unrestricted, in this day if we do not secure our rights through regulation, they will be taken away through regulation.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I'm sorry but; I think this is misguided. As altruistic and "common-sense" as you may think this is; I will not advocate for the passage of any anti-vaping regulations. ...period!

I understand your objections. But please understand that the strategy in Michigan is to get this bill signed to prevent more onerous regulation that would treat e-cigarettes basically the same as combustible cigarettes. In no advocating for its passage, you find yourself with some strange bedfellows . . . all of the ANTZ organizations that are lobbying for the governor not to sign the bill. (They realize that passing a clean bill banning sales to minors reduces the likelihood of having truly anti-e-cigarette legislation passed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread