microcoil and cotton wick

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, im gonna start by saying in no means am i an expert at all. I am currently trying to run a micro coil and cotton wick on my igo w. i am using 30gauge kanthal at 9-10 wraps, reading at 1.2 ohms (is this right?) anyway, i wick it with organic cotton, and i SOAK the cotton. it looks like its burning decent (no where near the silica wicks i have made at sub ohm ~0.5ohms) but its tasting like absolute crud.. taste like burning metal... i have built and rebuilt these micro coils for the past 4 hrs and am about to give up.. ANy advice to lead me in the right direction lol i just wanna get a good vape in before bed:blush:

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
If you are wicking it through the coil, make sure your cotton is not being choked by the coil itself. You should be able to insert the wick into the coil with little to no resistance. The wick after it is saturated will expand. Also you should allow the wick to completely saturate. Most members say about 15-20 minutes will do the trick.

Even with sterile cotton, I am not able to get the taste that I like. But someone suggested that I boil the cotton for 10 mins and repeat 3 times. I will give that a shot when I get the chance and report back on it.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
i think i was choking the wick, i cut off a piece large enough to fill the base, but did have to really force it through the coil in order to get all the cotton through

Yeah, you only need just enough cotton to "glide" in without much resistance. Also, don't twist it to make it fit, again, it will swell up when it wicks up juice and start choking up all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread