• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Milestones

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbaNubba

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Vancouver
It's been 2 weeks now since I quit smoking, and I can't believe how easy this has been. I didn't even realize it had been two weeks until I looked at the calender and counted and thought about it for a second.

This is the first real milestone for me, first day I got my ecig aside, it's starting to sink in that I'm not a smoker anymore.

I'd like to hear about what sort milestone moments other people here remember.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Speaking of milestones props to the local one here they let me vape! Congratulations escaping the dirty analogs. I wish I kept the date on the calender marked but I smoked lightly and vaped for 6 months before giving up on analogs completely just know it's been over a year since I touched a cigarette and I would never touch another tobacco cigarette again.

Ilikecoffee

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2011
BC
Two weeks too, as of yesterday. Very happy about it all. Now I have to bring my nico amounts down to zero, that's the next step. If it is even 1/4 as easy as quitting the analogs cold turkey, it all should be good.

Went from 30+ analogs a day to nada. Mind you, I am using the Bloogs a fair amount. I think I break even on my costs next week, and from then on, saving a lot of money as well.

Mark

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Mopar:

How'd vaping at Milestone's go over?

I've thought about trying it at my local bar, the staff would be cool with it but I'd feel like I was taunting the smokers.

Moxie's is ultra cool with it here too. I don't do it if I go out for dinner with my GF cause people stare and come over with questions. If just out casually for drinks + apps it's alot of fun, meet so many people I find as many non or former smokers ask questions as smokers. Good way to educate and get grass roots support, so far no one has complained cause I tell the Manager if someone does just let me know and I'll be happy to put it away.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Congrats everyone. 17 days for me and also can't believe how easy this has been.
Milestones:
after vaping for 4 hours, I tried an analog took 2 puffs didn't like it and put it out.
4 days ago when I stopped looking for my ashtray and analogs when I went to my desk.
went to dentist today and he and the hygienist were astounded at how clean my tongue and teeth were.
My biggest milestone...last yr had an operation that removed all sense of smell and taste. Surgeon said they may never return. A few days ago I began getting slight whiffs of smell and taste.
Happy Vaping and it's great to hear all these stories of success whether it's for 2 days or 2 years, Vapoor.

Last edited:

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells

r4nd0mCh40s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
OP, you might want to get a banner that keeps track Track the time you've been smoke-free, the money you've saved and the cigarettes you have avoided since quitting or sign up on We Vape - Global Money Saved/Cigarettes Avoided Calculator both are ways to keep track of how long you have vaped/cigs avoided/money saved. There are many out there and these are just a few suggestions.
My milestones? Vapeing for 8 1/2 months & Nic free for 2 1/2 month now.
I jacked mine from someone on the forum :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread