Modding - parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katuchi_vapes

May 9, 2017
Hello all, im fairly new to building my own box mods but am fairly familiar with low voltage. Now that we have that im no expert out of the way lol lets get started.
So i have built a dual 18650 series box mod (plain jane as it can get) and because of my lack of knowgled on mosfets when buying the parts i had just went for a large 120ac 20amp rated toggle momentary switch. Needles to say i dont enjoy a huge switch. So i was looking for a little insight on cool switches, good mosfets and decent sleighs. Depending on how this turns out i may end up doing a how to and a video tutorial of the build.

Attachments

• 1494376843208341504199.jpg
    1494376843208341504199.jpg
    957.6 KB · Views: 22

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello all, im fairly new to building my own box mods but am fairly familiar with low voltage. Now that we have that im no expert out of the way lol lets get started.
So i have built a dual 18650 series box mod (plain jane as it can get) and because of my lack of knowgled on mosfets when buying the parts i had just went for a large 120ac 20amp rated toggle momentary switch. Needles to say i dont enjoy a huge switch. So i was looking for a little insight on cool switches, good mosfets and decent sleighs. Depending on how this turns out i may end up doing a how to and a video tutorial of the build.
Welcome and glad you joined. Could try rephrasing question.
Might like to check out:
Modding Forum

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
You can use most any 'cool' switch you want when you offload the heavy lifting to a suitable MOSFET - that's the idea of using MOSFETs, so you don't have to use big, honking ugly high-rated switches.

What's a 'microFET'? If it refers to it's physical size, then that doesn't make much sense, as suitable MOSFETs are plenty small enough to fit into enclosures along with suitable sized cells.

I get the impression that you're trying to run before you've learned to walk, or even crawl - if I were you, I would first get used to building mods from known working existing designs before going off on your own and trying unknown exotic components.

Reactions: Dougiestyle

Katuchi_vapes

May 9, 2017
You can use most any 'cool' switch you want when you offload the heavy lifting to a suitable MOSFET - that's the idea of using MOSFETs, so you don't have to use big, honking ugly high-rated switches.

What's a 'microFET'? If it refers to it's physical size, then that doesn't make much sense, as suitable MOSFETs are plenty small enough to fit into enclosures along with suitable sized cells.

I get the impression that you're trying to run before you've learned to walk, or even crawl - if I were you, I would first get used to building mods from known working existing designs before going off on your own and trying unknown exotic components.
Yeah i understand that im still a noob at building. Like i understand the designs and how to properly wire it all up. Even tho ive only built two mods lol im just looking for newer (2017) hardware that is good build quality really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread