Mt Baker vapor concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikezone2004

Jan 29, 2014
Las Vegas
This may just be a rant but I thought I would share this,

I am still new to vaping. I am no means a "pro". I ordered some juices from Mt baker vapor, cotton candy and salicious strawberry.
After receiving my juices I tried them out, I wasn't too impressed. I let them steep and now 1 week later still not much of an improvement on the cotton candy. The salicious strawberry was better.

I mailed Mt baker asking them why does my cotton candy juice not taste like cotton candy even after steeping, they responded with "we know it doesn't taste like cotton candy even with 5 extra shots, we get that a lot" I was amazed at this response, they know it doesn't taste like it but don't try to fix it or put in the description or anything? I was going to order more from them but after this response I am a little worried about any other flavors I order.

I am still waiting on a package from Goodejuice it has been stuck for 5 days in Illinois either in storm or it has been lost.

BlackChad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Back In Mesa

I am still new to vaping. I am no means a "pro". I ordered some juices from Mt baker vapor, cotton candy and salicious strawberry.
After receiving my juices I tried them out, I wasn't too impressed. I let them steep and now 1 week later still not much of an improvement on the cotton candy. The salicious strawberry was better.

I mailed Mt baker asking them why does my cotton candy juice not taste like cotton candy even after steeping, they responded with "we know it doesn't taste like cotton candy even with 5 extra shots, we get that a lot" I was amazed at this response, they know it doesn't taste like it but don't try to fix it or put in the description or anything? I was going to order more from them but after this response I am a little worried about any other flavors I order.

I am still waiting on a package from Goodejuice it has been stuck for 5 days in Illinois either in storm or it has been lost.

I would email them before I order in that case. There's a juice called .... juice but I hear that's not what it tastes like

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    MBV has to be the most talked about, dirt cheap juice on this forum; that's why I've tried to like them several times. After about 20 or so flavors, I found one I might order again.

I believe part of their reputation relies on the steep and extra shots. Like a good drink, juice should taste pretty good right away, not tomorrow. If it doesn't taste good, extra shots are not going to help.

I find the reviews on their site are pretty accurate, so there's that.

Last edited:

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2014
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Mt Baker juices are best if you let them steep a few weeks. Some taste ok out of the box, but most need steeping. Their juices are ,ads to order... They make them the same day they mail them. Other juices you buy have been sitting a while... With 5 extra flavor shots I'd say it was way too strong! Their juices are usually best with 1 or maybe 2 extra but 5 is a bit much. My friend orders from them and she lets hers sit for 2 weeks, then tries it, then if its not ready another 2 weeks! If you don't want to steep then you'll have to order from places you know they don't make to order. I ordered a ton of different juices from them and its due to be in today... So I will test them out of the mail... I've heard some are fine but many must steep. I'm okay with steeping because I have a store closeby and bought several bottles there.

Kingsley1065

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2014
    NJ
    Last week I received my first order from Mt Baker, two juices. One custom Vanilla 80% and cinnamon 20%, the other Madagascar Vanilla. Both were unvapable (is that a word???) FOOB. Week later the custom is decent, Vanilla not so much. Will keep steeping both and assume from what I have read here at ECF that they will improve.

macaroni

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 5, 2013
    Rockledge, Florida, USA

In my limited experiance I've found quite a few juices, from differing vendors, don't exactly taste like they are described on the site, whomever is writing the discription may try to be as accurate as they can be ... but many MANY times I'm left scratching my head.

What I've found to be a more accurate gauge is reading the reviews ... but you have to be careful there too ... you need to find a company that posts all of their customer reviews (a dead giveaway is if everybody LOVES the juice, not all reviews are being published). I normally disreguard the ones that say this juice is spot on, and the ones that say the juice tastes like drain cleaner, and focus on the middle of the road reviews to see what the "average" taster is tasting.

Another "tip" is to not think a single company can fill all of your juice needs ... for instance (since you've mentioned Mt Baker) in my opinion MBV does the best Butter Scotch, Graham Cracker, Sticky Bun, and Cinnimon Bun ... but their Vanilla is lacking, Nicoticket does the best Vanillas out there. Some companies do better "complex" flavors ... some companies do the best tobaccos etc, etc, etc,

Your job (should you choose to take it) is to ferret out what suits your taste at a price you are willing to spend, with customer service that keeps you satisfied.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2013
    SE PA
    sincemylastcigarette.com
    I've heard that too many extra flavor shots will actually ruin a juice/make it taste worse-I'd probably start with a low number of the flavor shots and work up if needed(my max when I used them was 2)-there are lots of juice companies out there and more everyday so there's always more to explore-taste is subjective so what floats one's boat doesn't work for another. You'll find something good, it does take time finding a vendor for some people...keep buying sample sizes until you find what works best for you-good luck.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    well honestly for that price I would complain too much

Actually respect them for being honest and not trying to make it out to be your fault

but again in vaping there are a lot of juices that don't taste as described

I and I am sure most have been through countless vendors to find the ones that taste right
    Also you will find your taste change as you get more and more time away from ciggs

but there are a lot of good vendors out there

you will however have to steep with many of the good flavor vendors as well

some of my tops are

Ahlusion
    Nickoticket
    mom and pop vapor shop
    Heather Heavenly vapes (Purity line)

And you can go through this thread for more Idea's

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ussion/304212-top-5-vendors-e-liquid-154.html

Julie W

ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2013
    I've heard that too many extra flavor shots will actually ruin a juice/make it taste worse-I'd probably start with a low number of the flavor shots and work up if needed(quote)

Yes I read that , too much actually mutes the flavor, & I find the very same effect when using paint dyes,
    you just arrive at the 'supersaturation point' the color wont change, & it wont take anymore dye...so yes more is less :)

Thunderball

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    MBV has to be the most talked about, dirt cheap juice on this forum; that's why I've tried to like them several times. After about 20 or so flavors, I found one I might order again.

I believe part of their reputation relies on the steep and extra shots. Like a good drink, juice should taste pretty good right away, not tomorrow. If it doesn't taste good, extra shots are not going to help.

I find the reviews on their site are pretty accurate, so there's that.

I agree with this whole heartedly. Wasting money on their juice drove me to DIY (best move I ever made). Ive never seen a fruit mixture of any kind that needed steeping more than 3 days, and 95% of those are great freshly mixed. If perfumey or a chemical taste, there is too much flavoring in it. You can take that to the bank and draw interest on it. Tobaccos and some very complex chocolats, yeah, a bit of steeping is required.

Your cotton candy should be good immediately if mixed properly.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    Mt. Baker is good for what it is: cheap, reliable juice with good customer service and fast shipping. They are talked about so much on here for exactly those reasons. Their menthol was my ADV for the better part of a year, and then my tastes changed. I've found a new vendor for a great menthol, but MBV will always have a place in my heart.

There are literally hundreds of vendors out there, some with better liquids and some with much worse. All you can do is shop around until you find what you like.

Good luck.

spikezone2004

Jan 29, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Yea their is definitely a lot of ejuice vendors out there! I am definitely not at the DIY stage though only my second week. My package from Goodejuice will be arriving today with chocolate and patriot tobacco.

For my next order I have no idea who I will order through probably going to order more tomorrow if my goodejuice is good maybe i will get more from them. I want to try and order from a vendor that doesnt make it to order so it is a little "pre-steeped" I don't mind steeping but because I am still new I haven't got a good stock that steeped up ready to use mine are all still steeping.

Anyone have recommendations for a good cotton candy one? and a good vendor with juices that are made a little before ordering so they have sat for a bit?

erikbal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2013
    Olean, NY

I order most of my juice from them and for the most part am satisfied. I've found a few I really like. I do like their cotton candy and I got it with 2 flavor shots this time and the flavor is definitely not very strong at all. The vapor smells great though and just like cotton candy in my opinion.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread