mvp v2 or vtr or neither

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
One thing I don't think has been mentioned is the button on the MVP2 is too hard to push for some people. I am still looking for an attractive (not wood) box mod and was interested in it until I saw so many youtube reviews that mentioned the resistance of the button. If you don't have any hand issues then it should be fine.

Silver1

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I have a MVP V2 and can say I am happy with it. Am using it on my standard tanks (Protank 2 mini, Protank 2 and a few other Clearos) and it works like a dream.

Am on about my 5th or 6th battery cycle. I get about 1,200 puffs at 7.0 Watts.

What I like about it
- it stands upright nicely on my desk - doesnt fall over like tube shaped batteries
- feels good in the hand
- I saw the previous commentary about the fire button being difficult to press - not really - it is recessed, so you need to get the hang of it - but in no time it is easy
- battery life is amazing. I took it on a 3 day business trip and almost used it exclusively (not chain vaping) but in the car and between meetings and in the hotel at night. It was still going when I returned without charging! So it makes for an excellent travel device IMO

What I don't like about it
- nothing much
- Perhaps only that changing the power, you can only go up, not down, so to go from say 8 Watts down to 7 Watts, you have to go up to 11 Watts, then it goes back down to 6 Watts I think - then you carry on going up to 6.5 then 7.0. But that's not a big problem since I dont change the Power that often

I don't have any experience with the VTR. Some people I know here in South Africa have cut off the ring on their VTR to accommodate a wide range of tanks, including the Kayfun. Looks awesome.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I have a VTR & love it, It has a protective ring the Replaceable battery is definitely a bonus as well so you don't get caught out,
It is a little heavy but personally like that about it -
it gives it a solid more quality feel plus I can use it for self defense if I needed too :evil:

The VTR may be giving off a false sense of added protection - for the clearo anyway. Saw a recent report on here of someone who dropped a VTR - once - and not only did the glass tank break, that ring that is supposed to protect the tank got bent to the point that inserting a new tank was impossible. The fact that it's heavy may not necessarily be an asset.

Personally I don't like the idea that it's design is limited to use with a clearo and a clearo only.
:2c:

synaptik

Mar 5, 2014
North Texas
Why not both? It's good to have back ups!!! :toast:

Due to the fact I already have a few backups.

As for my coil building being inconsistent, this is due to me just starting building coils and it is getting more consistent each time i rebuild a few, so i have no doubt i will be able to rock out consistent coils soon enough.

On my vision spinners I rarely ever fussed with the VV except when the battery started getting low to get a little extra oooomph out of them

doctadrea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Maui
I have a v1 VTR, and was having serious issues with the 510 connection. I was about to take it apart and rewire it, but then I accidentally dropped it. Thankfully, it didn't hit my toe because otherwise I'd be in the ER.
Long story short, it's working GREAT again and I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world.
It it starts having problems again, I might run over it with my truck - that should fix it right nice like.

doctadrea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Maui
Personally I don't like the idea that it's design is limited to use with a clearo and a clearo only.
:2c:
Where on earth did you get that idea?
Without the adapter, you can use anything you want as long as it's 19mm or under. I use only rdas and rebuildable carto tanks on mine. Diver + ibtanked 19mm = perfection.

TheAmazingDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
San Jose, California, United States
I *think* the issues with the V1 VTR stem from juice leaking in to the ring, and causing a poor ground connection.

I haven't taken it apart to see how it works yet, but I believe that the ring just floats, with some spring pressure, against the body of the VTR. Juice leaking and gunking between the ring and body cause a poor ground. I've had it happen once, and restored it promptly by dripping rubbing alcohol INTO the 510 connector (just a few drips, don't want to flood it) and working the ring in a few spins, then blowing it out, letting any alcohol residue air dry.

Call me crazy, but I like the spinning ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread