My first order from wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myztik David

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Odessa, Texas, United States
Hey everyone, I recently decided to make the jump into the field of DIY e juice. Below is my list and I hope it is enough to start as my juice fund is looking rather slim at that time.

Sweet Cream Flavor (TFA)
Strawberry Flavor CONCENTRATE TFA
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Flavor (TFA)
Vanilla Custard Flavor Concentrate (TFA
Sweetener Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Strawberries & Cream Flavor (TFA
Lemon Lime Flavor (TFA)
Peach Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Citrus Punch Flavor concentrate
Ethyl Maltol 10% PG Solution (TFA
French Vanilla Deluxe Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Vegetable Glycerin USP - 250ml
18mg Nicotine solution - 120ml
- Carrier Base Liquid: 100% USP Propylene G.. NS-18MG-120ML
10ml LDPE Dropper Bottle with Child Resist Cap DB-10ML-
30ml Amber Glass Bottle w/ Polycone Cap
30ml LDPE Dropper Bottle with Child Resist Cap
14ga Blunt Tip Luer-Lock Needle 1.5"
5ml Luer Lock Syringe

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
DFW
I think I messed up on the nicotine though. I chose the least potent option because at most, I use 3mg nic. It seems to me that I'm going to have to have quite a big % of nic in my bottles which would mess up my flavors. Idk really what I'm talking about though.

No your fine, with that potency, maybe a little higher would better. I buy 24mg/ml, I dilute it to 2mg/ml, if I use some at all. Because I use so little nic, it's easier to mix and measure, than a high strength. At 18mg/ml, diluted to 3mg/ml for 15ml bottle would be 2.50 ml of nicotine base, a good easy measurement.

Myztik David

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
That one looks way better than the one that I found, I really appreciate that.

I do have a couple of questions, I have combed the countless threads but not all obviously. What is the best method to go about doing DIY. I'm thinking to make the vg, pg, and nicotine in a separate container and use that to then measure out into bottles then add flavoring? Or have many small bottles with separate flavorings and then add to the pg vg and nic mix? I'm very new to this. If u could point me into the direction of a thread that will get me going from the very beginning. I might have missed threads explaining this. Thanks

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
I buy my nic from WL in both pg and vg solutions at 1.2%.

I make a "base" of 50/50-1.2nic. I keep this in a large (8 ounce dark glass) bottle.

Then, I pour some into a smaller bottle, add the flavorings I want, and go. Shake it, vape it, steep it, tinker with it...

Adding the small amounts of flavorings does reduce the nic level, but anywhere between .9 to 1.2% nic is good for me.

Here is a quick and dirty guide I use:

Put 20 drops of my Base in a small bottle and add:
1 drop flavor = 5%
2 drops = 10%
3 drops = 15%
(all drops must be from the same size dispenser to have the same size drops.)

Once I get something I like, I can tinker with it more carefully.

Good Luck! and welcome to my favorite hobby!!!

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I just measure it all out each time I make a juice but I do that because I make anything from unflavored to a 6 flavor juice using 20-21% flavoring. I also change my PG/VG ratio depending on my mood and to an extent the recipe. I also mix for a few friends/relatives.

Some people do mix up a large bottle of base (PG, VG, and Nic) and just add that and some flavoring to their smaller bottle they are making their mix in. Just take into account that if you make your base at say 10% Nic it will be lower after you add your flavoring. The more you add, the more it will drop. One other thing to consider is most flavoring are in a PG base so it counts towards your PG percentage. Say your base is 50/50 PG/VG. After adding flavors it will be a higher percentage of PG. If your not worried about a slight deviation in Nic strength and PG/VG ratio, making up a base is perfectly fine.

I hope this helps at least a little. I'll be happy to try and answer any other questions you may have. There are a lot of very helpful people here, just ask and you will usually receive good advice.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
I'm like the rest of them. It's much less time consuming to have your nic juice ready to go. I keep an 8 oz bottle at my mixing station (not really a station), and when it gets low, I get another premixed nic juice from the freezer.

When mixing, I first add the flavors to an empty bottle and then the nic mix to minimize the amount of time the nic has with air (maybe silly, but it's what I do). Plus, every other blue moon, I goof up with flavors, and this way, I'm tossing the least amount of product.

Like the others, I start with 3 ml testers in the used WL vials and test with an igo l or cheap bridgeless atty. When I like a recipe, I make a larger quantity, and I'm not tossing huge quantities that I don't like.

Before mixing, one suggestion that I found to be helpful from another member is to make testers of each flavor with just pg/vg. This way, you'll know the %s you like and if you actually like each flavor. When I started, I made a bunch of other people's recipes, and there was something I didn't like. Because there were many common flavors, I couldn't tell which one was the culprit until I did the individual testing. In the long run, it's saved me money and time.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf and the wonderful world of DIY. Looks like you are off to a splendid start. Lots of good threads on here. I mainly just use the Vaping Zone's super concentrated and gourmet line of flavorings. You use a lot less for a recipe and I feel like it is more economical. You should check them out sometime. Good luck to you with your mixing. Have fun with it. That is what it is all about. :D

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I like the idea of making one flavor at a time so you know what each individual flavor taste like. It gives you an idea on what each flavor actually taste like and what the proper amount to use is. Ive been fooled many times, for instance I want to make a cherry tort with natural tasting cherry filling and wind up with a cherry that taste like vic's cough drops. If you taste individual flavors first you will know this before mixing.

It also gives you ideas when your ready to combine flavors, what flavors will go good together and which wont.

Premaking your base for making 5 - 10 ml test batches is far easier then having to make a base for every sample and I highly recommend it BUT when it comes time to make your ADV or final large batches you should always make the bases individually so you know your nic concentration is exact. It's expecially important for the low NIC vapers that like lots of flavoring.

Myztik David

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
I love this community man, all of you are so dang awesome. Thank you guys.

I am a big dripper kind of man, so i like my juices extremely flavorful and thick. So more than likely im going to be making my juices as much VG as possible. I am concerned with me not being able to put enough flavor into the juices without going over the 20% juice rule. I suspect some method of steeping will be required, but whats you guys' experience with heavy vg juices?

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
There really isn't a 20% rule. Different flavor manufacturers flavorings vary in strength and even within the same company flavor strenghts can vary from one flavor to another. I haven't really found the need to use more flavor for heavy VG mixes, as a matter of fact VG to me brings a slightly sweeter taste to the mix. If I added any extra flavor, it was only slightly. That all being said taste is subjective and YMMV. All you can really do is experiment until you find what you like. That's the beauty of DIY, the ability to customize the juice to your taste! Good Luck on your DIY Adventure!!! :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread