My First Post-A Success Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay930

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Maryland
Hello all, I have been a lurker on these fourms for about 2 months, doing my research on e-cigs and what there all about.

Little history about my self, started smoking ciggs while in the Army, stationed in Germany back in the 90's 8-o. I smoked Marlboro Reds and never thought a thing of it. Now I went from reds to lights and smoked around 2-3 paks a day.

Now 18 months ago I went from buying paks to rolling my own ( hella of alot cheaper :cool:. I would buy a pound of tobbaco and 2 boxes of filters and " inject " the tobbaco in and made my cigg.

Now during that time i have also tried to quit smoking all together 8-o.
Tried patch-failed
Tried nic gum-failed
Tried chantrix ( helped a bit but WOW:-x at the dreams )-Failed
Tried hypno-Failed
Tried cold turkey-Failed badly and was a real ... to all :oops:.

On March 31st,2010 I recived my Ultimate Zig Kit (e-liquid friendly DIY)
Recommended for average / heavy smokers
a pack and a half or more a day Z 510 SERIES

from zigcigs because of all the vids I watched, his was the best and easy to understand.
Now from March 31st till today April 17th I " HAVE NOT " even taken a puff off a cigg.:):):)

I went from 3 paks a day to 0. First 3 days was still a bit of a craving but not any more.

I also got a DIY kit from onestopdiyshop it was the The DIY Flavor Artisan's Master Kit

Also since my lungs can now take a full breath again I just recived my Janty
eGo SET - Silver - MANUAL VERSION

from Janty USA - USA shop || which I found out is located 5 mins down the road from where I live :rolleyes:.

I know this is a long post :p but I wanted my first post to be my best post and to let others out there know, with the correct info and products, you to can also stop smoking.

P.S. I'm a dire hard Vaper now as guys at work call me Vapor now instead of smoker.;)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
congrats :)

topaz_stone71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Central Ohio
Yeah! I'm so happy to read the success stories here. I've been smoking since I was 15 (I wanted to be just like my best friend) and here I am, 20+ years later and I can't kick the analogs. (Can I just say, I love some of this terminology? LOL) I hate the smell, the ashtray mouth, the morning hack, the stinky odor on my clothes and my belongings, and being broke for a habit that will eventually kill me...I've quit a few times but never stuck with it. Plus, there's the whole "social outcast" issue. I work in health care and I pretty much know that if I get busted smoking, I will get a flogging and be fired. We have to leave the property and I work in a VERY crime-ridden area. I hardly feel safe outside the doors, let alone near the crack houses next to my building.

I bought an NJoy NCIG at a local retailer and was extremely grateful to have it this first night. One of our overzealous micro-managers was working last night (she almost had a fit when I went to my car for a bottle of water I had left out there). I work 13 hours shifts in a high-stress area and I am never able to go the whole shift without a cigarette. I did last night :w00t:. I didn't touch a single analog for 15 hours! I went to the bathroom a few times and had about 5-6 stealth puffs through the shift and felt just fine. No urges to strangle anyone (not even the micro-manager). I've had maybe 4 cigarettes in the past 24 hours and hope I can stop them completely. I am waiting for my blu to arrive because I think it will meet my needs (portable, ease of stealth use, and obviously not an analog with that blue LED). Now I need to go through all the e-juice threads to stock up.

Yeah! I'm so happy to read the success stories here. I've been smoking since I was 15 (I wanted to be just like my best friend) and here I am, 20+ years later and I can't kick the analogs. (Can I just say, I love some of this terminology? LOL) I hate the smell, the ashtray mouth, the morning hack, the stinky odor on my clothes and my belongings, and being broke for a habit that will eventually kill me...I've quit a few times but never stuck with it. Plus, there's the whole "social outcast" issue. I work in health care and I pretty much know that if I get busted smoking, I will get a flogging and be fired. We have to leave the property and I work in a VERY crime-ridden area. I hardly feel safe outside the doors, let alone near the crack houses next to my building.

I bought an NJoy NCIG at a local retailer and was extremely grateful to have it this first night. One of our overzealous micro-managers was working last night (she almost had a fit when I went to my car for a bottle of water I had left out there). I work 13 hours shifts in a high-stress area and I am never able to go the whole shift without a cigarette. I did last night :w00t:. I didn't touch a single analog for 15 hours! I went to the bathroom a few times and had about 5-6 stealth puffs through the shift and felt just fine. No urges to strangle anyone (not even the micro-manager). I've had maybe 4 cigarettes in the past 24 hours and hope I can stop them completely. I am waiting for my blu to arrive because I think it will meet my needs (portable, ease of stealth use, and obviously not an analog with that blue LED). Now I need to go through all the e-juice threads to stock up.

After running low on a Friday I went to the mall and bought 4 10ml bottles at $ 27.00 a pop..:shock::shock::shock: $ 108.00 bucks before tax and I vowed.... NEVER again. Got a DIY kit and have about 20+ bottles set in front of me now from 3ml- 30ml's.......Think I been getting to much nic trying out the samples. Even going from the 48 nic/pg unflavored to cutting it down to 8-12mg of nic :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com

When I was still working as a Paramedic, patients used to tell me, in passing, that they were surprised I smoked.

I just told them they were prescription. You'd be surprised how many of them gave me rather solemn nods before hitting the bricks. Man, some people just ain't bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread