Status
Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Can I copy it too :w00t: (just kidding) You guys are awesome for helping newbies :thumbs:
you know, i pop into the general vaping discussion (and contest!) forums semi-regularly, but tend to hang out in the new members section - still consider myself somewhat new, and a big believer in paying it forward

Reactions: AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    you know, i pop into the general vaping discussion (and contest!) forums semi-regularly, but tend to hang out in the new members section - still consider myself somewhat new, and a big believer in paying it forward

Yepper, this is where I hang most too .... I mainly like to welcome people on their first post because some of them may be shy and I want them to not feel so much that way here.

Reactions: dcfluegel

Susan~S

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    Here are some additional links for you.

Dannyv45's blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.
    => E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Hoosier's blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.
    => E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Boletus's blog's concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.
    => E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid" delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.
    => E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.
    => VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

The "stickies" pinned at the top of the DIY E-Liquid Forum page will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    Yeah I prefer the vg over the of also and I didn't think I was using a high nic mg but every shop I have went into is acting like I'm crazy cause I prefer to use nothing less than 12 mg in my starre freemax subohm tank. But it's just what I'm used to I prefer to have 18mg and because I don't know how to get it to that or how I would know I wish there was a way to just buy it already together just unflavored the idea of having to mix the vg with pg and adding the nic is quite scary, I know and understand nic is a very powerful and dangerous drug. Do you of anywhere to buy pre mixed vg and pg nic bases where I just get to pour it into my little bottle and flavor it up lol

That's why I prefer to use the 100mg nic base. It's super easy to calculate. Let's just say that you want your final mix to be 18mg nic, so:
    15% - Total Flavor Concentrates
    18% - 100mg Nic Base
    67% - Diluent of your choice (PG or VG)

For a 10ml sample, that would equal:
    1.5ml - Total Flavor Concentrates
    1.8ml - 100mg Nic Base
    6.7ml - Diluent of your choice (PG or VG)

You could then take that 10ml sample base and multiply it to create larger batches.
    Multiply by 3 and you get:
    4.5ml - Total Flavor Concentrates
    5.4ml - 100mg Nic Base
    20.1ml - Diluent of your choice (PG or VG)
    Which would give you 30ml

Reactions: AXIOM_1

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    Sir is like mastermind of information on where to start and how to do the diy you should do training classes I would totally be interested in learning from you. Or even done YouTube vids

Ginger I appreciate that compliment but the truth is I am much better at organizing things than I am at mixing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread