My Newly made 18500/14500/2 x Cr2 Flashlight Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this one done today! I also made a 5v version of this! Both of them work flawlessly and are vaping machines!!! I even used the existing PCB and clear lens. The only thing i didn't use was the 3 LED's that were originally soldered to the PCB. I've also built the larger flashlights using the "quarter" size washer to fit an 18650 and modifying the original switch to be momentary, but this time around, I decided I wanted a "normal" momentary switch on the side and I used the existing switch as the master on/off, and with the extra space inside the tube that the 18500 provides, I put an led inside to light up around the connector and switch.

Parts:
Smaller diameter 3aaa Aluminum Tube Flashlight,-Dollar Store-NOT the one that fits a quarter sized washer, although you could probably use it just as well-Madvapes also sells the same size 3aaa flashlight, but I wanted to keep the one I bought as a flashlight only!
Momentary Switch-Radio Shack
510 Connector-Madvapes
Blue 3mm LED-Madvapes
Resistor for LED-Madvapes
5 Minute Epoxy-Shucks
and your choice of 18500/14500 For 3.7v or 2x CR2's for 6v vaping
Soldering Iron/Solder
Empty paper towel/toilet paper tube for battery spacer

Step 1: Remove switch cap and 3aaa battery holder, take a 6 or 12 in socket extension with a 14mm socket and knock the PCB and Clear lens out.

Step 2: Remove LED from PCB

Step 3: Solder negative leg of LED to outside (-) ring of the PCB, bend excess of leg around and up just like the factory LED's did, this is what provides your negative connection to the circuit.

Step 4: Solder the resistor to the trimmed positive (+) leg of the LED

Step 5: Solder your positive and negative connections to your connector, make sure that you solder the Negative (-) connection to the inside of the connector

Step 6: Solder a wire to the inside (+) positive ring of the PCB and then to one leg of the momentary switch

Step 7: Using an 11/32 drill bit or a stup drill bit to make the hole in the clear lens for your 510 connector, be sure to drill close enough to the edge of the lens, this is to fit, the connector/switch/led down into the limited space in the tube, insert your connector into the lens.

Step 8: Solder the Negative (-) wire from your connector to the outside (-) ring of the PCB

Step 9: Solder the positive (+) leg of your LED AND the positive (+) wire of your connector to the other side of the momentary switch

Step 10: Drill a hole in the aluminum tube for your switch, size will depend on the tupe of switch you use

Step 11: Slide the PCB assembly down into the tube making sure that the Negative (-) leg of your LED is making a good contact with the inside of the tube, dont push the clear lens in just yet, now is the time to cut your toilet paper/paper towel tube to size and slide it into the bottom of the tube, insert your battery/batteries and TEST to make sure everything works before epoxying it all together.

Step 12: If everything is working, Remove the battery/batteries and toilet paper/paper towel tube, get a piece of cardboard or something like it, mix your epoxy and poor it into the top filling it almost to the top, just enought to make contact with the bottom of the clear lens, turn it upside down so that the epoxy does not run down the insides of the tube, make sure everything is in place, and hold it all in place until the epoxy dries, this is the hardest part, I hate waiting for epoxy to dry!

Step 13: Put your battery spacer aka paper towel/toilet paper tube back in, insert the battery, screw the master switch on, turn it on, screw your atty/carto on and vape away! Good luck! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

IMG00012.jpg IMG00011.jpg IMG00010.jpg IMG00009.jpg

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Cool mang! You're using the protected batteries right? I knew the Detanator blew up in Roberts pocket when he was using unprotected CR2s.

Seems cool you used the LED connection to slap on the resistor, less work!
If you are a Joye 510 user the protected CR2's will not work. And Robert violated one of the rules of safe CR2 use... don't buy junk, no-name batts off EBay.

One of the first commercial mods out there, the Copper, is a two CR2 device.

It's like owning a Pit-Bull, a few precautions need to observed.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Of course I'm usung protected CR2's, the green ones for 6v and blue ones 3.7's for 5v, purchased from madvapes. And my 510 atties and cartos work perfect with them.

If you are a Joye 510 user the protected CR2's will not work

Joye 510 atties (2.2Ω) will trip these batts' protection circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread