My pulmonary function test results

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricco

Jan 20, 2012
USA
Today was my physical. As a work requirement, I take a pulmonary function test. 5 years ago, I was smoking. My "lung age" results showed that I had the lungs of a 38 year old. Ive been vaping for 2 years now. This is today's result:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363374208.291845.jpg

I just turned 41.

:)

Fanny Pack

Dec 12, 2012
Bowling Green, KY
My last pulmonary function test was at 28 days of no analogs. The spirometer that they use doesn't do a "lung age", but my FEV1/FCV improved by 1 point from the previous year. That's not enough to be significant, but it assured me that vaping doesn't fry my lungs. I'm not due for my next PFT until November, but I am going to private-pay for another one in a couple of weeks when I reach 6 months of no analogs. I'll post my results.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My company used to do physicals when we went to the training center for new product classes. After smoking on the way to the health screening my lung function test showed very slight restriction in small bronchi, but otherwise normal results. They said that was typical for a smoker. I'm sure it would be better today. My lungs are clear and I can tell that I have much better performance under physical exercise. I don't get winded like I used to. Just a year of not smoking makes a difference.

Those tests will make you see stars! I remember the nurse telling my to keep on blowing in the tube to make the graph stay above the line. I thought I'd pass out if it didn't stop soon. You tend to pray for the bell to ring so your can stop exhaling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread