Status
Not open for further replies.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
Hello all. I would like to share my atomizer cleaning method with you. In my experience it gets great results.
For this you will need An ultrasonic jewellery cleaner (can be bought online for ~$30. If you don't have one, get one, it'll pay for itself in a matter of months)
90% isopropyl alcohol (70% can be used too, just use more)
White or apple cider vinegar
Fingernails or a plastic scraper

1. Fill the ultrasonic with 1/2 alcohol, 1/2 hot water. Run for 10 minutes
2. At this point you should be able to scrape some paint/clear coat off the outsides of your new atomizers. This is a time consuming process, but you need to get that off, it'll kill the atomizer if it gets lodged in the coil. Scrape what you can and toss them back in to loosen the tough spots.
3. Rinse atomizers under hot water thoroughly. Empty ultrasonic and fill with hot water. Run for 5 minutes.
4. Empty ultrasonic again and fill with 1/2 hot water, 1/2 vinegar. Run for 5 minutes. Let sit for 15. Run for 5 more.
5. Rinse atomizers thoroughly in hot water. Fill ultrasonic with hot water and run for 5 minutes.
6. Remove, blow atomizers out, and let set connector up till dry.

At this point they should be clean and scent free. If not repeat steps 5 and 6. This brings my atties right back to life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread