Status
Not open for further replies.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Trayce, Not sure I can help you with what you're looking for because I haven't smoked either of the two you mention but I can say that VR juices all taste the same. It's the same artibacco (IMO) with different flavorings added. If you like one, you'll like them all. If you don't like one, you wont like any of them. Sounds like you'd be wasting your time paddling down the Vermillion River.

Oh def so and I never went back. :D Not that they have bad juice, everyone's taste buds are different, but it amazes me that that tastes like tobacco to some, and that no one mentioned "nutty flavor" in any the the reviews I read at the time.

But based on your preferences, I assume you will like sweeter vapes. Try Heather' Heavenly Vapes (Dragon's Fire, Heavenly Tobacco, Heavenly Army, Shadow, Legend, Serendipity). Also, it would seem you might like RY4's. There are lots of RY4 aficionados on this thread (esp BillH). Look back several pages and he links you to all his RY4 research. There is tons of it.

I love RY4, thanks. But wanted to add a Captain Black (or Black & Milk) juice to my meager lineup. Little more pipe-tasting than RY4. (Dad always smoked Captain Black when I was a kid and loved that smell.) I also smoked Black & Milds for awhile occasionally and really liked those.

I might just pick up some Cpt Black and a box of B&Ms and try extracting my own... I have a recipe from another thread in the DIY section. But I guess I'm looking for the easy, lazy way out, if a good ejuice is already out there of this type. I know the original Seedman's Cpt Black was supposed to be really good, but people said they reformulated a couple years back and it's way different. (And one person used the work NUT so that's out!) :D

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Yeah, I'm not sure what Cpt Black or Black & Mild tastes like; but like Bronze said, RY4 would cover the caramel and vanilla tobacco side of things. Plenty of NET RY4s out there that have a stronger tobacco than typical RY4s, but not sure if any has the type of tobacco flavor you're looking for.

That's the thing... same with vanillas... not the same thing. Nice, but not the same thing. If you walk into a pipe store, that sweet, rich, full pipe tobacco smell.... It has undertones of caramel and vanilla, but mixed with a complex spicy, hearty tobacco flavor too. :)

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
While perhaps not quite as "pipe-y" as you're looking for, you might try Vurley (vanilla-infused burley), Vecchio Blend (tobacco with vanilla), or Smooth Criminal (tobacco with a hint of caramel) from Ahlusion. Since you're interested in both caramel and vanilla with your tobacco, that puts you into RY4 territory. Consider ouR whY qu4tro from Quicknic, a very good NET-based Custom RY4. The Ahlusion juices are NETs, too, of course.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Vermillion River Kentucky blends aren't "true" NETs. They're hybrids, made from Tobacco Absolute (TA), synthetic tobacco flavorings, and other non-tobacco flavors (ahem, such as nuts). At least that's what they taste like to me.

Nice to know the difference!! The TAs are out for me from now on.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Give Pendragon from Mountain Oak Vapor a try. First time I saw the description, I thought of pipe tobacco (Cherry and Vanilla)... that's how my memory works, and what I think pipe tobacco is suppose to smell like :) But I never smoked a pipe or Black and Mild cigars.

It looks like it might be close to a Swisher Sweet Cherry. Nice, but a different taste than I'm hunting for. I wish I could afford to buy a ton of everything but I just blew my wad on a new mod that's supposed to arrive next week. :D

TheCatsPajamas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
San Diego
www.envisionvapor.com
Hey hey TCP! You may be happy to know that I'm a 100% NET user now. See what you started?! :)

Good to see you pop in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Dusty! That is awesome my friend! I have tried venturing out beyond NETs and found some really good liquid like 5 pawns but in the end I always end up reaching for Patriot. Nothing compares to that liquid for me. Im excited to try some of Clays liquids. Great to see you are loving the NETs

Cat'sPJs,

Unless something has changed, Indigo Vapor's tobacco blends are all synthetics. They don't have any NETs.

This indigo?
Indigo Vapor - Experience the Indigo Difference!

As Bill said, they're aritbaccos unless they have a new line not on the site yet.

Yep

They've talked about trying it out, but they're all, as bh says, synths. I heard they're great though and easily NET-like in taste. Hell, any day I would prefer a great tasting synth over an okay tasting NET.

I wouldn't say they taste like NETs, but they are pretty damn good synths.

Well it wouldnt surprise me if that is the case but the guy at the B&M store where I bought it sat around discussing liquids with me quite a bit and he was the one who told me it was made from tobacco. He actually may have just said they they contract a lab to make all of their liquids which leaves a lot up to interpretation. Visiting as many stores as I have in the last 6 months one thing is for sure. There is no place even close with as informed individuals as this thread here when it comes to extracted tobacco liquids. I always try to share my knowledge and my liquids with store owners and some are amazed others are terrified. Its quite interesting. It definitely seems as though we are a sub culture within this sub culture lol. Regarding Indigo I must agree with Mann that a good tasting synthetic is better than an average extracted tobacco liquid. I was really surprised by Kick Back by them it did absolutely remind me of an extracted tobacco liquid. It had a very very similar profile to that of the base tobacco used by HHV. I quite enjoyed it!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
That's the thing... same with vanillas... not the same thing. Nice, but not the same thing. If you walk into a pipe store, that sweet, rich, full pipe tobacco smell.... It has undertones of caramel and vanilla, but mixed with a complex spicy, hearty tobacco flavor too. :)

Lots of great aromatic pipe NETs available, since pipe tobacco seems to be the most common tobacco to extract from. Sweet, rich, and full pipe NETs are out there, though maybe not a specific Cpt Black. Vurley that Bill mentioned I think is a great suggestion.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
TCP, I've had Indigo on my list to try for a little bit, looking forward to getting their tobacco sampler. I've been enjoying synthetics even more since discovering NETs, probably because the suggestions from fellow NETters are better than some random arti-baccos. I also appreciate my NETs more when also vaping artis at times. They can both be great in very different ways.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

TheCatsPajamas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
San Diego
www.envisionvapor.com
Hey CPJ!!! How's the drip tip business going? Any new glass in the works?

Thanks Shat! Pop over to the thread Id love to talk to you.

I also saw you say that you were in Laguna last year. If you ever come out this way again you have to let me know. Id love to have you come by the studio. You and Jason would have a lot to talk about. Your work is absolutely amazing. I have a guy in oregon who you would probably have a lot in common with as well. He goes by Sheepdawg Glass his name is Jordan. You guys are on the same level for sure. Great to see you buddy!!

Last edited:

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal

Thanks, I will indeed keep searching... (true B&M has no chocolate but that's not to say it wouldn't be a good vape). I've read many threads in the forum on people looking for Capt Black and/or B&M. So far none have coughed up one that seems a good candidate to approximate the real thing.

Methinks it's time to buy some and do an extraction. :)

Thanks to everyone for your help. I learned a lot.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Wizard Labs sells Capt Black flavoring concentrate. I bought some and spike some of my fire-cured tobacco. I don't go more than 5%. It's good.

THANKS! I'm giving this a whirl! (I make DIY anyway so this is perfect.)

Gratitude! (As Spartacus would say!) :D

EDIT: That's Seedman's.... hm. Oh well. For $1.49 .... (Just that someone described the new Seedmans forumla and having a nut tone.)

I know. I'm a PITA. :D

Last edited:

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Hey folks,

... So my question is, does anyone know of a sweet, caramel/vanilla Cpt Black or Black & Mild type ejuice that does NOT have any nut tones in it??

THANKS!!!

The Black Cavendish from NET.com is what you're looking for, I had e-mailed Clay with this exact request, after he checked out the Captain Black description he recommended said liquid; Black Cavendish

You might get a small one with each type of extraction (hot & cold) as their will be subtle differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread